Cost Program Lead
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Embark on a Leadership Journey as Our Cost Program Lead!
Are you ready to take the reins and lead a team to new heights? Join us at Caterpillar as a Cost Program Lead supporting our Medium Wheel Product (MWP) team and be at the forefront of driving impactful initiatives. This role is not just a career opportunity; it’s a chance to shape a future of our MWP team.
What sets this role apart?
- Challenge Awaits: If you thrive in a challenging environment, this position offers the perfect opportunity to utilize your technical, business, and communication skills. As a non-supervisory leader, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our MWP team.
- Executive-Level Communication: Engage and communicate effectively with C-suite executives both verbally and in writing. Showcase your ability to convey complex ideas to the highest levels of leadership within the Earthmoving (EMD) division.
- Business and Cost Analysis Expertise: Bring your strong background in business and cost analysis to the forefront. Your analytical skills will be crucial in driving informed decision-making processes.
But that’s not all! As a Cost Program Lead you will lead a team of cost project leaders located at each of our prime product facilities. Your primary focus will be to prioritize and lead the cost team to achieve long-term end-to-end competitive cost structure goals.
What You Will Do:
- Worldwide Competitive Targets: Develop world-wide competitive-based product cost targets by collaborating with global cost team members, business resources, commercial and engineering to achieve global cost positions.
- External Product Comparisons: Develop and maintain competitive, external product comparisons to ensure our products stand out in the market.
- Cost Bill Material Coordination: Coordinate and maintain the full MWP cost bill material with engineering and business resources for accurate and up-to-date cost analysis.
- Cross-functional Leadership: Lead cross-functional teams on global, high-value cost reduction projects that will enable MWP to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Timely Cost Reporting: Ensure accurate and timely cost reporting to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Building Strong Relationships: Establish, develop, and maintain healthy working relationships across our business partners, both up and down the hierarchy. You will serve as a front-facing representative for cost management within MWL, expected to drive strategy articulate vision, and define the necessary steps to achieve our objectives.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to make a significant impact. Join us at Caterpillar, where your leadership skills will shine, and your contributions will shape the future of our competitive cost structure goals.
What You Have (Basic Qualifications):
- Degree Requirement: bachelor’s degree in a technical or business curriculum is strongly preferred. A combination of education and demonstrate progressive experience is required.
- Influencing: Proven ability to influence without formal authority. Experience in driving impactful outcomes through effective communication and persuasion. Demonstrated capacity to lead and motivate teams shared goals.
- Relationship Management: Exceptional relationship-building skills with the capability to engage communicate effectively. Experience collaborating with global cross-functional teams, including business resources, engineering, manufacturing, commercial and supply chain. Act as the front-facing representative for cost management within MWL, driving strategy, vision, and necessary steps to achieve objectives.
- Project Management: Strong project management skills, particularly in leading cross-functional teams on global, high-value cost reduction projects. Ability to coordinate and maintain full MWP cost bill material with customers and clients.
- Analytical Thinking: Solid background in business and cost analysis with a focus on developing worldwide competitive-based cost targets. Ability to provide analytical insights for decision-making processes and to lead the MWP Cost Obeya, reporting the current state of product costs, the line of sight to targets, and action in-process.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Ability to discern and confidently say no to action that are clear distractions, ensuring the teams focus remains aligned with strategic objectives. Proven ability to shift focus among several efforts, understanding that ongoing shifts in demand and priorities. Demonstrated capability to manage and communicate expectations regarding these shifts to the team, leading and assisting in the reprioritization process as necessary.
Top Candidates Will Have:
- Previous experience in a non-supervisory leadership role.
- Familiarity with innovation in the industry and competitive products, with the ability to identify new opportunities and coach engineering teams on competitive cost structures and objectives.
- International travel required (10-15%)
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify.
- Visa sponsorship is not available.
What You Will Get:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
#LIVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Posting Dates:February 8, 2024 - February 14, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.