Senior Marketing & Communications Consultant
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Construction Digital & Technology (CD&T) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value, Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent, and money because they drive value for our customers, our company, and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, Construction Digital & Technology is the place for you!
The Senior Go-To- Market (GTM) Communications Consultant will lead the overall communications strategy to grow adoption of all CD&T’s Technology offerings inclusive of VisionLink, VisionLink Productivity, Command, Safety, and other emerging technology offerings. The individual will be an advocate and champion for technology, specifically the value that technology products have on the customers in which they serve.
Candidate will play a strategic consulting role in advocating the value of CD&T’s technology offering and APUs (Annual Product Updates).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include working with key stakeholders to develop a compelling values story through various web channels that will inform, engage, and inspire our dealer network and end customers to leverage the full potential of all CD&T’s technology solutions to ensure awareness, adoption and loyalty.
Key initiatives include:
- Leading a cohesive web content strategy to ensure cat.com and catdelaer.com are taking user experience tactics into consideration and communicating key messages effectively.
- Crafting communication plans for delivering marketing collateral to both Cat field teams and global dealers and end users.
- Develop/monitor success criteria for communication tools to understand impact and recommendations for communication best practices.
- Participating in leading development of training and change management videos, content, and hep documentation.
- Communicating product and market requirements, working with stakeholders and agencies to deliver quality marketing and communication deliverables.
- Maintaining multiple versions of MarComm documents for various user groups with proper version control as products evolve
- Contribute to development of customer user journey flows and visionary concepts to articulate value future state initiatives.
- Develop content for tradeshow and event support.
- Support ad hoc executive communication needs.
In addition to developing communications to support the technology values story, the incumbent for this role must adapt quickly to changing environments and be inquisitive and strategic in their efforts to ensure we are being clear, consistent, and efficient in our value messaging. Requires excellent listening, communication, and organizational skills, both written and verbal, often taking a bold approach to ask questions that drive at sifting, articulating, and organizing the real value inherent within subject matter expertise, while also feeling empowered to craft and share personal responses to the needs of the business.
Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Level Extensive Experience:
• Reviews others' writing or presentations and provides feedback and coaching.
• Adapts documents and presentations for the intended audience.
• Demonstrates both empathy and assertiveness when communicating a need or defending a position.
• Communicates well downward, upward, and outward.
• Employs appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement.
• Maintains focus on the topic at hand.
Strategic Thinking: Knowledge of the importance of "big picture" thinking and planning; ability to apply organizational acumen and competitiveness to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
Level Working Knowledge:
• Implements the group's go-to-market strategy.
• Raises awareness of potential strategic alliances and partnerships.
• Explains elements of the strategy to others and encourages questions.
• Monitors marketplace trends, opportunities, and vulnerabilities; reports findings.
• Makes sound recommendations when faced with complex and contradictory alternatives.
Promotion and Marketing Communications: Knowledge of different promotional and marketing communication techniques; ability to use different marketing channels and tools in combination to focus on how a business communicates a message to the market.
Level Extensive Experience:
• Analyzes the psychology of marketing communication and incorporates the routes to persuasion in the marketing plan.
• Compares and contrasts the benefits and drawbacks of different types of marketing communication techniques.
• Delivers various promotional and marketing communications that engage the target audience, respond to their questions and concerns and produce specific outcomes and impact.
• Develops a clear and complete understanding of needs and problems through careful listening, probing, reflecting, and summarizing.
• Develops a marketing communication strategy that focuses on promoting the distinctive value proposition of the product or service being offered.
• Guides the team members in developing a marketing communication plan and strategy.
4-year degree in Communications, Marketing, or relevant field
3+ years of specific job-related industry experience
4+ years of Marketing, sales, or dealer experience
3+ years of technical writing or communications experience
Should have a business background, technical industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
Must be able to deal with sensitive issues, mentor, and coach, and/or persuade others on new methods of market communications approach, new technology and distribution methods.
The location for this position is Mossville, IL
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position may require up to 15% travel.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
Posting Dates:February 5, 2024 - February 14, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.