Career Area:Enterprise Cross Functional
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Part Time Intern in Morton, IL.
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and Ground Engaging Tools) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
Through it all, we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Learn more about the Caterpillar Experience
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Analyzes orders, correspondence and documents to assure compliance with company procedures and when applicable foreign country restrictions
· Communicates and collaborates with internal and external partners to ensure efficient parts processes
· Provides assistance in day-to-day operational issues and in prioritizing daily workflow for office and storeroom operations
· Participates in scheduling production and delivery processes in accordance with current productivity and cost efficiency standards
· Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year university/college in one of the following degree programs: Business Administration/Management, Business Administration/Management with a focus in Supply Chain, Supply Chain Management, or related degree.
· Minimum 3.0/4.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (no rounding) at current institution
· Expected graduation date of December 2024 or later.
· Applicant must attend a 4-year university within a daily commute driving distance to the facility in which they will be working (Morton, IL)
· Must be able to work 15-20 hours a week during the school year.
· Experience with using Excel through school project work, assignments, or in professional work.
Top candidates will also have:
· Previous experience in customer service
This position does not offer relocation.
Start date for this position will be June-September 2024.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers. #Li
Posting Dates:February 2, 2024 - May 31, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.