Machinist - Mapleton Cast Metals
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Machinist for Mapleton Foundry - Labor grade 4 - Pay starts at $25.56/hr. plus night shift premium.
The Caterpillar Mapleton facility is adding jobs and growing! We are in need of hiring more employees due to the additional work being brought into the facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Set up, operate and adjust automatic lathes to perform complex combinations of operations to tight tolerances on a variety of parts
- Set up, operate and adjust one or more numerically controlled drilling and boring machines where the feeds, speeds and cycle are fully controlled by encoded instructions. Machining programs, tool layouts and encoded instructions are usually provided
- Applying safe working methods
- Operates control station to monitor and control melting station
- Analyzes control signals
- Controls melting operations
- Detects deviations and initiates corrective action
- Sets up, operates and adjusts one or more numerically controlled drilling and boring machines (with or without milling capabilities) where the feeds, speeds and cycle are fully controlled by encoded instructions.
- Machining programs, tool layouts and encoded instructions are usually provided.
- May be required to operate machine manually, override encoded instructions, or adjusts offsets as necessary.
- 6 mos prior machining exp.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
- Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
- Ability to stand throughout an 8 to 12-hour shift
- Ability to operate heavy machinery and manufacturing equipment
Top candidates will also have:
- Previous machine shop, foundry, or manufacturing experience
- Math skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and decision-making
- Positions are for 2nd Shift and 3rd shift. and weekend alternate schedules
- Positions are in Mapleton, IL
- There is no relocation offered for these positions.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careersVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.