Analytics Business Manager - Excavation Division
Career Area:Business Technologies, Digital and Data
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
We have an exciting position open within Caterpillar as the Analytics Business Manager for the Excavation Division (EXD), a multi-billion-dollar division. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a team that will provide analytics, reporting, automation, and solutions to leadership across the organization. This will include governance around developing digital solutions that enable automation that provide valuable insights to Senior Leadership. This role will be key in further implementing the Global Finance strategy within EXD.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Drive strategic vision for division analytics, reporting, and automation to support long-term business goals.
- Partners across the Construction Industries segment to identify segment level opportunities to drive incremental value and reduce duplication of investments. This includes reviewing existing solutions in other Caterpillar divisions to determine digital solutions that should be scaled to EXD.
- Collaborate with EXD Senior Leaders to determine and develop the blue-dot map for division analytics and reporting.
- Design, implement and manage a cross-department (HR, Finance, Marketing, Operations, etc.) governance body to ensure that EXD maximizes the value of investments in digital technologies such as PowerBI, PowerApps and PowerAutomate.
- Drive governance within the division focused on standardized and sustainable reporting and automation.
- Coordinates with local and enterprise IT teams to develop and deploy new features and new releases on schedule.
- Implement new analytical and automation solutions to continuously improve the financial analysis and business insights of the division.
- Monitor and maintain adherence to Caterpillar quality, compliance, and security standards.
- Communicate effectively within the team and with internal and external customers, including presentations to all levels of management.
- 10+ years managing business intelligence department and driving value aligned to key performance metrics.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and managing cross-departmental governance forum.
- Understanding of modern digital and analytic technologies such as Microsoft PowerBI, PowerApp and PowerAutomate.
- Experience leading a small team of 3-5 direct reports that matrixes into larger division/segment teams of skilled business and technology SMEs.
- Business Statistics and Acumen: Knowledge of the statistical tools, processes, and practices to describe business results in measurable scales; ability to use statistical tools and processes to assist in making business decisions. Core understanding in business communication, business ethics, business strategy, data analytics, economics, finance, and leadership and management. This role is primarily a highly business focused role with technology knowledge, rather than a pure technology role.
- Organizational Leadership and Communication: Knowledge of leadership concepts and ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing, and achieving objectives. Ability to convey messages to business stakeholders and team members and effectively share visions, goals, ideas, and issues. Responsible for overseeing and coordinating tasks as well as motivating and encouraging teams and defining the road map to successfully complete projects. Prior experience in successfully defining and implementing division and/or segment level business reporting strategies and governance models is key, including driving business partners to common metrics, standards, and reports.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking and Innovation: Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis; ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve these problems. Knowledge of the value of innovation; ability to create and develop new ideas for answers to work related problems that improve the performance of the organization. Collecting, analyzing, and organizing facts and information, as well as asking questions and finding solutions to help solve business problems with data modeling.
- Emerging Technologies and Machine learning: Knowledge of emerging technologies; ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments. Knowledge of principles, technologies, and algorithms of machine learning; ability to develop, implement and deliver related systems, products, and services.
- This is not a fully remote position.
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify.
- Sponsorship is not available.
- Location: Peoria
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) and potential for a yearly performance bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LIVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Posting Dates:February 1, 2024 - February 14, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.