Embedded Software Senior Engineer
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Join a talented embedded software team responsible for the lowest layer of diesel engine software. In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop your technical skills by being part of a global software development team of 6 to 10 team members. You will have ownership for software design and architecture and work closely with other teams to help deliver quality software on time. You will be part of a large development team and work closely with others to create software and electronic systems to control engine performance and communicate with other devices. You will mentor and coach team members and broaden your professional network.
- Analyzing change requests for specific Input and Output related changes and/or datalink related changes to Diesel engines controllers.
- Developing and Architecting software changes
- Ensuring the quality of delivered software meets the caterpillar/core engine division quality standards.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum (Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical) plus 3 to 5 years of embedded software development experience, or an advanced degree in an Engineering or Computer Science curriculum plus 2 to 3 years of embedded software experience.
- Expertise in C coding, Matlab/Simulink, Python scripting
- Basic understanding of diesel engine controllers as well as embedded software development.
Top Candidates will also have
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to begin working independently and have demonstrated ability to apply theory and concept, either through on-the-job experience or advanced degree
- Knowledge of diesel engine controllers and various input/output drivers
- Knowledge of CANape/CANalyzer is also highly desired.
- Requires strong technical skills.
- Must have ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the wok group, as well as customers and suppliers.
The location for this position is Mossville, IL
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position will require less than 10% travel.
Sponsorship is available for this position.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Annual incentive bonus plan*
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc. prorated based upon hire date.)
401k savings plan
Health savings account (HSA)
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Voluntary Benefits and Employee Discounts
*Subject to annual eligibility and incentive plan guidelines.
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
Posting Dates:January 30, 2024 - February 13, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.