Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
The Caterpillar Mapleton Foundry, based in Mapleton, IL, is looking for a self-motivated Facilities Engineer. In this role you would report up through the Facilities team and provide your guidance in the maintenance and improvement of various facility, manufacturing processes, and equipment. This will include design, construction, systems integration, maintenance, and other services needed to support our operations. You will be responsible to ensure all established standards, policies, and practices related to quality, safety, cost reduction, hazardous materials, ergonomics, etc… are compliant for the projects that you work on. You will have a direct impact on our key goals including safety, continuous improvement, delivery performance, equipment availability, operational efficiency, cost savings, process capability, etc.
This will be a demanding but rewarding job!
Check out our video:
What you will do:
- Coordinating, performing, or assisting in routine maintenance, construction work, or integration of manufacturing equipment, supporting equipment, and infrastructure
- Ensures compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Monitoring and maintaining parts and tools inventory for infrastructure components and services.
- Serving as first line of support for building service problems and work requests; often Troubleshooting throughout the facility to determine the cause of failure, the lack of efficiency, and the need for repair or improvement of systems or equipment.
- Assisting other facility engineers and supporting manufacturing and other related departments.
- Establishes construction, manufacturing, or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
- Analyzes and recommends current and future systems, procedures, training, and equipment needs based upon understanding and communication with customers.
Skills you must have:
- Plant Facilities Management: Extensive knowledge of processes, methodologies and techniques used to manage plant facilities; ability to handle the full spectrum of activities for managing and maintaining physical facilities and infrastructure.
- Construction Engineering and Technology: Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology to the construction industry; ability to apply principles, techniques, procedures and equipment for a specific branch of engineering to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Engineering - MFG: Working knowledge of processes, techniques and methods of engineering in a manufacturing environment; ability to design and implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems and processes that safely realize a desired objective or invention.
- Manufacturing Standards, Procedures and Policies: Working knowledge of organizational standards, procedures and policies in manufacturing activities; ability to plan, guide, and monitor manufacturing processes for compliance.
- Troubleshooting Technical Problems: Extensive knowledge of troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques; ability to anticipate, detect and resolve technical problems in a manufacturing environment.
- Problem Solving: Extensive knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to diverse situations.
- Effective Communications: Extensive understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Project Management: Working knowledge of effective project management strategies and tactics; ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve project objectives.
Top candidates will also have:
- Accredited engineering or engineering technology degree
- Industrial facility and capital project experience
- Wastewater, HVAC/Mechanical, power distribution, or electrical utilities/equipment project experiences
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and develop preventative maintenance programs
- Ability to use AutoCAD or other engineering software tools
- Building management system experience (Simplex experience is a plus)
- Understanding of NFPA 70E
What you will get:
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our common values and focus on inclusion and respect drive the decisions made by our company, teams, and people. Here, you can apply your unique life and job experiences, and work in a team environment where your ideas are heard, your contributions are celebrated, and your whole-self matters.
- You earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date)
- This position will close on 2/12/2024
- Travel requirements may be less than 10%.
- This position is located in Mapleton, IL.
- Domestic relocation is Available
- Visa Sponsorship is NOT Available.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#IamcaterpillarVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Posting Dates:January 29, 2024 - February 12, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.