Production Manager - 2nd Shift
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Oversees and coordinates the activities of the Centcast production line, prepares schedules, resolves issues, and ensures adherence to safety and quality standards.
Check out our video:
What you will do:
- Creating reports and records of production processes, tools issues performance, and inventory; sharing them with managers and providing suggestions to improve safety, productivity and quality.
- Preparing, maintaining, and updating documentation related to operating procedures and safety and quality standards; ensuring all processes and products meet desired safety and quality standards.
- Supervising and directing the daily activities of production lines workers, assigning tasks, ensuring coordination between different teams, ensuring their safety and monitoring their performance.
- Training new hires, managing scheduling and work conflicts, monitoring safety, and promoting internal communication to create a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
Skills you must have:
- Manufacturing Operations: Extensive knowledge of manufacturing operations; ability to perform day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant or facility for products.
- Manufacturing Safety: Extensive knowledge of manufacturing safety; ability to identify work-related hazards and perform necessary activities to meet regulatory requirements for the safety and protection of workers, environment, and site.
- Production Training: Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for delivering formal and informal training on the safe and efficient operation of production machinery; ability to conduct effective formal and situation-specific training.
- Quality Management: Knowledge of quality management methods, tools, and techniques and ability to create and support an environment that meets the quality goals of the organization.
- Analytical Thinking: Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis; ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve these problems.
- Planning and Organizing: Knowledge of the process of planning and arranging tasks and resources; ability to plan and organize both time and resources to get things completed while structuring and maintaining work in a systematic and highly methodical way.
- Process Improvement: Understanding and insight into evaluating current product quality and production methods and ability to maintains focus on the continuous improvement of processes, products, and services.
- Talent Management: Knowledge of human resources and talent management processes; ability to lead, motivate, evaluate, and reward employees at the workplace.
Top candidates will also have:
- Academic credentials in a manufacturing relevant curriculum
- Extensive manufacturing or foundry process related experiences
- Demonstrated interest in continuous improvement activities
- Demonstrated direct or indirect leadership capabilities
What you will get:
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our common values and focus on inclusion and respect drive the decisions made by our company, teams, and people. Here, you can apply your unique life and job experiences, and work in a team environment where your ideas are heard, your contributions are celebrated, and your whole-self matters.
- You earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date)
- This position Is on 2nd shift
- Travel requirements may be less than 10%.
- This position is located in Mapleton, IL.
- Domestic relocation is available.
- Visa Sponsorship is not available.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#IamcaterpillarRelocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Posting Dates:January 29, 2024 - February 12, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.