Total Rewards Partner (Healthcare Benefits)
Career Area:Human Resources
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Would you like to join a team that is focused on improving the cost and quality of healthcare services provided to our employees and their family members? Caterpillar is looking to add a skilled Total Rewards Partner to our team. Your role within this team will be to analyze large employer healthcare strategies and initiatives to discover innovative ideas and best practices. Additionally, you will participate in analyzing our health plan data to identify opportunities to improve the cost and quality of healthcare services being provided to our plan participants. You will use your research, experience, and business acumen to create and implement initiatives to enhance medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits; and to participate in other sub-functions, projects, and benefit administration activities as assigned. Caterpillar has a long legacy of implementing innovative ideas to provide above market benefits at below market costs for our employees, their families, and for our company.
What You Will Do:
- Research large employer healthcare benefit strategies and initiatives including benchmarking.
- Analyze internal healthcare reports and use that information to create initiatives that improve costs and quality.
- Lead or participate in projects.
- Benefits administration.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in creating employee and retiree benefit communications.
- Play a key role in creating and updating benefits strategy.
- Deliver plan performance presentations for various business leaders and internal business partners.
- Participate in employer benefit associations.
What You Have:
- Extensive knowledge of large employer benefit programs and processes; ability to design and implement legally compliant healthcare benefit programs that deliver best in class cost and quality. Comprehensive understanding of benefit regulatory requirements (e.g., ERISA, DOL, HHS, HIPAA, ACA, CAA).
- Ability to analyze employer benefit plans and market trends, then compile proven best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of common and uncommon self-funded employer healthcare benefit designs and considerations.
- Experience with creating compelling business cases to support benefit design recommendations.
- Experience leading implementation of healthcare benefit programs and initiatives.
- Problem solving skills with examples of successful and innovative ideas.
- Proficient presentation and public speaking skills. Ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Experience assisting employees and business leaders with benefits questions.
- Innovative and analytical thinker.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams
What You Will Get
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. You will collaborate deeply with leading experts in medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, and other benefits. Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
- Location: Peoria, Illinois
- Travel: 5-10 %
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.#LI
Posting Dates:January 29, 2024 - February 12, 2024
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.