Senior Engineer-Design (Component Design and Validation)
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
At Caterpillar, we work to help our customers build a better world. Without our team of talented, bright and driven individuals, we wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today. Now, this is your chance to join our team and do work that matters. We want you to help us enable customer success, make progress possible around the world and help our communities grow and thrive. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Sr Engineer.
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
Through it all, we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Learn more about the Caterpillar Experience
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design Control of new (NPI) and current (CPI) rubber components, such as mounts, seals and pads
- Research and develop new test methods and procedures for rubber products
- Manage testing of new (NPI) and current (CPI, audits) rubber products
- Work closely with suppliers (remote and onsite) to improve product and process performance
- Write technical reports that detail methods and findings. Keep extremely accurate and detailed records of research and development activities and results
- Maintain, improve, and audit Standard Work and Safe Job Procedures (SJP)
- Design new test fixtures as needed
- College or university degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 3+ years of relevant job-related experience in an engineering and/or sciences field
- 3+ years of component design, test development & validation
Top Candidates will also have:
- Knowledge of rubber component design, manufacturing and testing
- Hands-on person with a passion to work in a lab environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in MTS or Instron test controller and data acquisition systems
- Proficiency in Creo, Teamcenter, GD&T and drawing releasing processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project or other project planning tools
- Experience applying statistics to data analysis
This position is located in Mossville, IL and does offer domestic relocation
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers. #LiRelocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.