Supply Chain Planning Engineer 1
Career Area:Supply Chain and Logistics
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Our Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services, and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
What You Will Do:
The primary responsibility of a Supply Chain Planning Engineer 1 is for facility performance levels to corporate targets for inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-deliver results. Leads facility efforts to develop and implement the Plan for Every Part, Pull materials Replenishment and improved throughput efficiency.
- Support suppliers to build lean supply chain capability in the areas of improved Sales and Operations Planning, high-velocity throughput, optimized logistics and capacity planning.
- Lead project teams comprised of multi-functional resources, including business division supply chain planning, engineering, operations, receiving, Global Transportation, Demand and Orders, Inventory Management, and Customer Services.
- Proactively collaborates with suppliers and multiple business division functions to address and resolve supplier issues using root cause and corrective action (RCCA) and recovery planning.
- Addressees’ day-to-day supplier constraints to improve supplier performance and agility while responding to Caterpillar requirements.
- Proactively identifies Supply Chain constraints and challenges with potential to disrupt supply.
- Identify failure modes within supply chain and develop Permanent Correction Actions to mitigate future impacts.
- Other duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time-to-time.
What You Have (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or three (3) plus years of relative work experience in lieu of degree.
- Solid supply chain planning, demand and order, and logistics knowledge.
- The ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
What You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Operations Management.
- Project Management experience.
- APICS Certification.
- Understanding ERP systems’ lead time elements (Supply Chain, Manufacturing, etc.).
- Experience working with cross-functional global teams.
- Extensive end-to-end supply base understanding, including suppliers, dealers, and customers.
- Experience within a customer service focused role.
- Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures, especially those with supplier impact.
- Procurement and Engineering experience.
- Advanced analytical skills, experience with data mining and working with large data sets.
- Strong initiative to research and apply new methods and digital technologies to exceed customer expectations.
- Location: Morton, IL (USA)
- This position does not offer relocation assistance.
- Our team embraces flexibility through a hybrid work model. In addition to working onsite at one of our facilities in Morton, IL, our hybrid work model allows employees the flexibility to work from home based on business need.
#BIVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.