Senior Manager of Finance
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
The Senior Manager of Finance is part of Caterpillar’s Earthmoving Division, which is in Construction Industries Segment at Caterpillar. The Earthmoving Division designs and manufactures equipment and services for the Medium Tractors, Medium Wheel Loaders, Motor Graders, and Paving product lines.
The Senior Manager of Finance works across highly diverse and global teams to provide strategic counsel and deliver analysis and insights, partnering with the business to drive profitable growth. The role reports to the Director of Finance of Earthmoving’s Product and Strategy organization and partners with the global Earthmoving organization.
The Senior Manager of Finance is the primary business partner and trusted adviser for the Earthmoving Medium Wheel Loader Vice President of Product and their leadership team.
This role will be based in Peoria, IL with up to 20% travel. Domestic relocation assistance is provided. Visa Sponsorship will not be offered.
What You Will Do:
- Driving partnership with leadership team to gain appropriate alignment and understanding of key requirements / outcomes to drive profitable growth.
- Providing strategic counsel to enhance performance and position the business for long-term success.
- Leading Medium Wheel Loader product group monthly business report, analysis, forecast and insights. Presenting results to leadership.
- Strategic thought partner to the business VP and their leadership team
- Ensuring appropriate delivery and presentation of insights and value to leaders as they run their businesses, including the Sr. Vice President Earthmoving. High visibility role with presentations to the leadership team across Earthmoving.
- Collaborating across the Earthmoving Division and the broader Caterpillar enterprise to ensure an enterprise focus is maintained.
- Fostering a strong business risk management governance process
- Championing the finance transformation and continuous process improvement within the Earthmoving Division and the Construction Industries Segment.
- Effectively lead a diverse team, focused on proper talent development, succession planning, performance management and target setting.
What You Have (Desired Skills):
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Financial Analysis: Knowledge of tools and approaches of financial analysis; ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
- Organizational Governance: Knowledge of the processes, customer, policies, and rules affecting the way the organization is administered and controlled; ability to ensure compliance with governance guidelines and policies.
- Strategic Thinking: Knowledge of the importance of "big picture" thinking and planning; ability to apply organizational acumen and competitiveness to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Leadership: Knowledge of leadership practices and processes; ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing and achieving objectives while having a long-term perspective of the future state of things and how to get there
- Financial Forecasting and Modeling: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques of financial forecasting and modeling; ability to explore and evaluate alternative financial scenarios and results.
- Stakeholder Management: Expert level ability to systematically identify stakeholders, analyze their needs and expectations, and engaging with them to achieve objectives while having a long-term perspective of the future state of things and how to get there.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Previous product development & product cost experience desired.
- Operates as a true business partner. Ability to build strong relationships and partner across functions to help drive the business.
- Superior communication and influencing skills. An effective communicator with the ability to build relationships across an organization.
- Ability to take an Enterprise Point of View and lead with Our Values in Action
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.