Undercarriage Lab Test Development Technologist
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Validation Engineer in Mossville, IL.
Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD)
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
And we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Undercarriage validation team within PSLD is currently seeking a Validation Technologist to work on validation activities related to Undercarriage used on Caterpillar machines. The candidate will be a member of the team responsible for Caterpillar world-wide validation of Undercarriage and Undercarriage components. As a Validation Technologist in this team, you will serve as an individual contributor on projects and assignments that support and enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality and serviceability. This role can require work to be done in the Lab at the Technical Center or done in the field on customer machines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain multiple Undercarriage validation test benches
- Build/Install/Disassemble/Inspect Track Groups
- Manage validation test requests and support quality/material/design improvement projects
- Perform/Apply root cause analysis on field returns (5 Whys, Fishbone, Pareto, FMEA)
- Support New Product Improvement (NPI) and Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) projects
- Collaborate with system engineering teams to identify/validate solutions
- Create and deliver technical reports
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Ag Engineering and 2 years of job-related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 3+ years of job-related Undercarriage experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Previous test/validation experience
- Experience with data analysis software (Power BI, Tableau, Minitab etc.)
- Experience with instrumentation/controller software (eDAQ, MTS, InField, AB, DEWEsoft, Delta)
- Strong mechanical and analytical aptitude
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and system engineering teams
- The ability to work multiple projects simultaneously and to make sound priority decisions
- Experience working with Dealers and Customers
- This position does not offer relocation
- This position requires up to 25% travel
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website atwww.caterpillar.com/careers. #LiVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.