Accountant - Facility Coordinator
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Our Energy & Transportation (E&T) segment has a broad portfolio of products and services - which include engines, generator sets, industrial gas turbines and locomotives, along with other related equipment depending on the industry and application. We deliver these products and services to Cat machine, oil & gas, power generation, transportation and industrial customers. E&T is also developing the advanced power sources of the future and is working on many solutions to help our customers lower their carbon footprint. Additionally, our Remanufacturing Division is another key component to the E&T portfolio, which provides great economical and sustainability benefits to customers.
This is a strategy role to operationalize the Battery as a Service (BaaS) model. As the Accountant - Facility Coordinator for the new BaaS plants in Mach1 SAP, this position will be instrumental in defining and developing processes and documentation around this new business and its accounting requirements. This position will work closely with the larger project team, crossing multiple functional areas, as well as the shared services business resources teams.
Responsibilities may include:
- Capitalization of batteries as assets
- Review and analysis of financial results
- Creating reports on financial performance for internal and external use.
- Analysis and resolution of grief
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls
- Identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives as the business grows and matures
- Maintaining financial records in accordance with GAAP and organizational standards
- Creating and utilizing automated tools for the updating, analyzing and reporting of results
What You Have:
- Education/Experience: This position typically requires a 4-year degree, preferably in accounting, finance or business-related degree and 5+ years of job-related experience.
- Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent) is preferred
- Big 4 accounting experience is preferred
- Analytical Thinking: Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis; ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve these problems.
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
- Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Knowledge of effective self-management practices; ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Accounting: Knowledge of accounting methods, processes, and tools; ability to maintain and prepare financial statements and reports using accounting methods and processes.
What You Will Get:
- Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
- Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays.
- All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
- Location: Mossville, IL
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
- Minimal travel (less than 5%)
- Sponsorship is not available
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
#LIRelocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.