Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Our Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services, and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
What You Will Do:
The Program Manager will lead an enterprise-wide multi-functional team in all phases of a program or project management process. The position will be responsible for leading the Direct Ship workstream of the Non-Revenue Optimization Program. As owner of this workstream, you will work with our process partners in Inventory Management, Transportation, and Global Supply Chain to develop and lead a Multi-Generational Project Plan (MGPP) comprised of several strategic projects from strategy launch through execution.
- Provides leadership and direction to multi-function teams to develop and execute strategy.
- Ensures program meets all goal requirements for cost, budget, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making.
- Monitors progress of projects, discusses challenges with affected areas, assures appropriate personnel are informed of opportunities for improvement and steps are in place to meet schedules.
- Depending on nature of issue, expected to recommend possible solutions and alternatives.
- Other duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time-to-time.
What You Have (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 10-15 years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in project management leading a multi-functional team.
- Highly collaborative and demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders both within Caterpillar and externally.
- Strong commercial, business, and manufacturing knowledge along with an understanding of supply chain functions.
- The ability to travel both domestically and internally up to 10% of the time.
What You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Master’s degree or higher in Business, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management.
- Knowledge of corporate NPI (New Product Introduction) process.
- 6 Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt experience.
- Product Group based on product development/NPI Program/Commercial experience, and/or product or solution-based sales experience.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to use these skills to drive team performance improvements.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Location: Morton, IL (USA)
- This position does not offer relocation assistance.
- Our team embraces flexibility through a hybrid work model. In addition to working onsite at one of our facilities in Morton, IL, our hybrid work model allows employees the flexibility to work from home based on business need.
#BIVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.