Senior Digital Operations Support Analyst
Career Area:Business Technologies, Digital and Data
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
To develop and support the system solution functionality of one or more applications or business processes for Caterpillar.
- Support S&OP practitioners and participants in the Global Sales and Operations Planning Process: Machine Forecasters, Prime Product and Attachment schedulers, S&OP Coordinators, PDC / Logistics Node Planners, amongst others.
- This includes development and delivery of user training in IBP (Integrated Business Planning solution from SAP), as well as S&OP reporting solutions
- Provide proactive insights to S&OP participants
- Perform quality checks / Root Cause Corrective Action to maintain good solution health in the S&OP process
- Perform direct internal customer support
- Serve as Lead for S&OP Process Master Data Management administration and coordination.
- Collaborate and administer to Caterpillar’s Product Hierarchy – various levels of models, working with Brand Marketing and Engineering on nomenclature rules
- Serve as Lead for S&OP process Long-Term Forecast Administration and coordination.
- Collaborate and administer to Caterpillar’s Long-Term Forecast process – applying models, facilities, and other attributes into the Long-term Forecast process
- Contribute to innovation on existing as well as next generation of S&OP products and solution design
- Serve as Lead for coordinating and administering to S&OP Team Site for S&OP practitioner user training, S&OP key master data, as well as user persona / roles process management
- Develop and maintain process documentation for the application or process.
- Participate in test script creation for new content releases or deployments for an application or process.
- Review and approve test plans as required by new content releases or deployments for an application or process.
- Establish business rules for the use of an application or process.
- Establish security data classifications for the application or process.
- Business escalation point for any conflicts or concerns with the application or process.
- Represent the application or process with other areas of the business who use or integrate with this part of the business.
- Seek input from relevant areas of the business that should have inputs to this application or process.
- Understanding, evaluating, and reacting to routine problems or situations with external contacts is also part of this assignment.
- Interaction is within the framework of existing business policies and practices and/or established business relationships.
- Problems and issues usually involve careful interpretation, analysis, or diagnosis.
- Identify the nature of a complex or undefined problem and then develop the best solution or application from numerous alternatives.
- Develop well-prepared action plans for the current year and has a clear sense of what needs to be achieved in the year to come.
B.S. Degree in related field
5 years of experience in Operations and/or S&OP, 3 years of experience in S&OP-related role
Top Candidates will also have
Strong planning and communication skills
PMI / PMP Certification
Interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional, or potentially controversial situations.
Ability to influence behavior change in people (including customers, suppliers, other employees, dealers, etc.) and/or obtain the cooperation and commitment of subordinates as needed
This position should be familiar with project management methodologies as they will participate in multiple projects representing expertise for the application or process.
The location for this position is Peoria, IL
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position may require less than 10% travel
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.