Career Area:Business Technologies, Digital and Data
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Lead a technical team with IT responsibilities for development, testing, and implementing application systems. The Distributed Applications Manager supports the Resource Industries segment with design and manufacturing of Caterpillar products. This role has the responsibility of providing secure and reliable business customized applications for the Decatur & East Peoria manufacturing sites.
- Provide secured distributed application development, maintenance, and support for several sites (Decatur and East Peoria Drivetrain).
- Develop relationships with RIOP business partners in understanding their IT needs to recommend and implement business outcomes in support of local application systems and solutions.
- Guide technical team with preparing technical and procedural documentation required in application system development.
- Monitor and maintain adherence and compliance to quality standards.
- Partner within the Caterpillar IT division and other IT organizations to install enterprise solutions and ensure smooth transitions with key systems changes.
- Maximize staff contributions through professional growth and development, to increase teamwork and more effectively meet business needs.
- Develop and mentor a high-performing IT team and fosters a collaborative and results-oriented work environment.
- Primary IT Leader contact for IT services to internal business partners including escalation point for Priority 1 and 2 service tickets.
Problem Solving: Knowledge of tools and techniques for resolving operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to complex situations. Contributes to standard practices for problem-solving approaches.
Application Design, Architecture: Knowledge of basic activities and deliverables of application design; ability to utilize methodologies, tools, and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design. Facilitates design reviews and walkthroughs.
Implementation: Knowledge to manage applications for organizations; ability to implement application software within an organization and help end-users perform specific tasks.
Requirements Analysis: Knowledge of tools, methods, and techniques of requirement analysis; ability to analyze and record required business functional requirements to ensure a successful system installation. Ensures the successful completion of all major activities, tasks, and deliverables pertaining to the requirement analysis stage.
System and Technology Integration: Knowledge of the features and facilities of systems; ability to integrate and communicate among applications and technology platforms. Designs and develops applications or technology interfaces and bridges.
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Relevant degree and/or 5 years of progressively complex IT experiences.
- 2+ years in a leadership role.
- 2+ years of IT factory-facing experience.
- This role will be posted until midnight on Monday, November 27th
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.