Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar is looking to add a Pricing Manager to support our Global Machine Pricing (GMP) teams, Global Claims, Merchandising Americas North and South, Digital and Systems and Product Pricing, as well as Industries, Product Groups, Distribution Services, Accounting and Order Fulfillment. This person will lead and develop a diverse team focused on accurate and timely execution and improvement of the regional machine merchandising frameworks for the Americas, consistent with global standards.
What you will do:
- Managing and supervising pricing analysts and consultants to support price activities including price generation, process improvements and pricing operations for Americas North and South.
- Executing the regional merchandising frameworks and related credit processes in Americas North and South, leading and executing process improvement initiatives supporting GMP’s strategic goals such as Zero Lag and managing all compliance requirements (GMP policies, external audits, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.).
- Working closely with the Regional Merchandising teams for Americas North and South, leading a team responsible for executing (processing) merchandising post sale credits for focus programs, SPARs, Mining Pricing, etc., evaluating dealer SPAR washouts, conducting various internal and dealer audits, reviewing key control reports, and managing process items such as timeliness, auto-claim and auto-pay. The incumbent directs development of strategic recommendations by their team. This can include personally handling high-level complex analysis and completion of related special projects as needed.
- Analyzing and forecasting the profit impact and or sales variance of proposed pricing actions while providing consultation to key business partners.
- Involved in activities to manage total pricing procedures and compliance while ensuring timely response to market business partners and market conditions.
- Sponsor, lead, or support several process standardization and improvement projects supporting GMP’s strategic goals. These projects involve members and SME’s from Global Claims and also other GMP groups, Business partners and Dealers, and can be global in scope.
- Incumbents guide their own development and direct others' continual learning staying up to date with technology changes via training. Key learning comes from gaining experience in the assigned pricing area, developing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis techniques, building business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems, and developing leadership basics.
What you will have:
Education/Experience: 4-year university or college degree in business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, or related fields or experience. 10 years of marketing or pricing related experience
Value Selling and Negotiating: Knowledge of the principles and practices for selling products, technology and services; ability to provide overall product/service 'value' and to differentiate support offerings that address clearly understood customer needs. Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Relationship Management and Effective Communications: Knowledge of relationship management techniques; ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers. Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Data Gathering & Analysis and Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques, and processes; ability to collect and synthesize data from a variety of stakeholders and sources in an objective manner to reach a conclusion, goal, or judgment. Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of company products and applications.
- Experience with key company processes, systems and applications.
- Strong understanding of Dealer Operations.
What You Will Get:
- Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
- Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays.
- All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify.
- This is not a fully remote position.
- Limited travel expected- 10-25% of working time
- Sponsorship is not available.
- Location: Peoria, IL
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed. #LIRelocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.