Machine Validation Specialist Engineer - Peoria, IL
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Are you looking for your opportunity to leverage your engineering expertise to make an impact in building a better world? Are you a self-starter who wants to get in on the ground floor for developing a machine that moves earth? Then we have a great opportunity for you to join the Peoria Proving Ground (PPG) team at Caterpillar as a Machine Validation Specialist Engineer. In this highly visible role, you will help to ensure that CAT machines meet our end user’s quality expectations by promoting validation earlier in the product development cycle. You will be heavily involved in moving small and medium track-type tractor validation activities forward in time, into the concept and design phases of NPI programs through solid program planning and execution. Your responsibilities will be to interface with system & component design teams as well as machine level leaders to define validation requirements, plans, and monitor program health. Your planning will result in test machines (i.e. testbed, prototype, pilot, etc.) that arrive at any Proving Ground or Customer Site for machine validation in good operating condition, technical & program risks quantified, and machine & system validation plans are thoroughly and documented.
Specifically, in this role, you can expect to:
- Maintain solid connections between Product Groups, Process Partners, and guide a test and development team impacting their perception of Validation as a partner in product development and safety.
- Create a validation strategy and activity plan, collaboratively, with systems and global machine development groups
- Calculate program validation costs based on development plans.
- Educate product groups on validation expectations and key processes.
- Encourage usage of such tools such as the Proactive Reliability Process, Design Verification Plan & Report’s (DVP&R) and Requirement Based Virtual Product Development to evaluate the effectiveness of the validation activity plan on critical failure modes, and direct activities to mitigate risk.
- Monitor and report out on NPI program health.
To be successful in this role, you must bring (Basic Qualifications):
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Agricultural Engineering from and accredited college or university with at least 8 years engineering experience in product or component development.
- Recent design or validation experience with New Product Introduction and Continuous Product Improvement.
- Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills.
- An extensive understanding of complex engineering concepts and applications.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well Product Group, customers, and suppliers.
- Highly developed skills in program management, communication, and customer relations are essential.
Top candidates will also bring:
- Proving Ground, Lab and APQP Experience
- Virtual Product Development experience is desired.
- Product Group or System design experience.
- Experience working with a global team.
- Machine/Lab test experience (need a solid test background)
- Communication Courage (ability to speak up when necessary, in front of NPI managers, VPs, Chief Engineers, Product Managers, etc.)
- APQP (FMEA, DVP&R)
- Location: Peoria, IL
- Domestic relocation is available to those who qualify
- 5% of travel is expected
- ISE assignment is not available for this position
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
How We Support You (Employee Benefits):
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Learn about Caterpillar at www.caterpillar.com
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
#LI #Hiring #NowHiringVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.