Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar is looking to add an Accountant- Legal Entity to our team. This role will allow for growth and partnerships across the organization while utilizing accounting skills. You will be exposed to a variety of accounting functions and complex and/or technical analysis, review various outputs for reasonableness with upper Management, work with other accountants in our own organization, as well as across the Enterprise.
What You Will Do:
- provide technical expertise and perform complex accounting work that supports business processes.
- apply and provide guidance on accounting issues.
- resolve issues independently.
- participate on and lead teams addressing complex problems.
- Creating reports on financial performance and providing insightful analysis for internal and external use.
- Upon request, take part in special projects and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP.
What You Have:
- Education/Experience: The position typically requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent/experience and 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding the necessity and value of accuracy; ability to complete tasks with high levels of precision.
- Effective Communications: Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Knowledge of effective self-management practices; ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Problem Solving: Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply knowledge of problem solving appropriately to diverse situations.
- Accounting: Knowledge of accounting methods, processes, and tools; ability to maintain and prepare financial statements and reports using accounting methods and processes.
What You Will Get:
- Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
- Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays.
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify.
- This is not a fully remote position.
- Sponsorship is not available.
- Location: Morton, IL
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
#LIRelocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.