Manufacturing Project Engr - Undercarriage Castings
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
At Caterpillar, we work to help our customers build a better world. Without our team of talented, bright and driven individuals, we wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today. Now, this is your chance to join our team and do work that matters. We want you to help us enable customer success, make progress possible around the world and help our communities grow and thrive. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as a Manufacturing Project Engineer.
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities –innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
Through it all, we are one team– creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Learn more about the Caterpillar Experience.
The manufacturing project engineer provides technical expertise and guidance to develop processes, develop internal/external suppliers, and improve manufacturability utilizing the principals of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning). of both
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides direction and guidance to other manufacturing personnel in a continuous effort to improve manufacturing productivity
- Works with suppliers (both internal and external) in the development of projects, which ensure the most efficient and cost-effective systems or operations to produce quality products
- Partners with suppliers to analyze their current or proposed product/process designs to determine feasibility of using existing designs or modifying the designs to improve process and/or product
- Ensures Engineering, Purchasing and shop personnel both at Caterpillar and suppliers are involved in the approval process so that sound decisions are made which improve manufacturing processes, quality and/or reduce costs
- Uses knowledge gained through years of experience to explain to suppliers the tooling, dies, fixtures, etc., needed to improve processes
- Provides leadership in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process as it relates to supplier development, collaborating with process partners in design engineering, supply chain, procurement, and suppliers
- Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc., in performing assigned duties
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical field plus 5 years of manufacturing experience
- In lieu of a degree, 10 years of manufacturing experience necessary
- Previous steel and iron casting experience
Top Candidates will also have:
- APQP experience
- Previous experience working within a foundry
- Project Management experience
- This position is located in Peoria, IL
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website atwww.caterpillar.com/careers. #LiVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.