Business Development Consultant
Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Our Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services, and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
What You Will Do:
As the Business Development Consultant, you will be responsible for developing a administering sales and service support for the extended Hose and Coupling (H&C) teams throughout Caterpillar focusing on processes and tools used by dealers to provide cost effective, high quality and timely solutions in the H&C space. This position will work closely with Resource Industries (RI) or Construction Industries (CI) verticals to develop innovative solutions for providing our customers with world class H&C service. The role acts as a liaison with various internal teams to ensure solutions created align and integrate with other dealer initiatives and solutions being provided. This position also works closely to ensure eCommerce goals for the H&C product are met and aligned with Cat Digital initiatives.
- The incumbent has sufficient knowledge, recognition, and expertise to positively influence and educate all levels responsible and affected by the enhanced processes prior to product launch and through the life cycle.
- The incumbent manages complex global cross-divisional projects to maximize the harvest opportunity to keep customers in-channel through the life of the product. This position positively impacts existing processes that drive aftermarket parts or develops new processes.
- Decisions or recommendations resulting from the projects managed by the incumbent have significant impact to Parts Lifecycle Management, OPACC-C growth, and Aftermarket growth.
- The incumbent may be responsible to gather data, conduct interviews and provide straw models to be worked and optimized by the team members.
- This position will be responsible to continue development and support of Power BI visualizations and dashboards in the H&C space.
- The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option.
- Other duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time-to-time.
What You Have (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7 (plus) years of job-related experience.
- Background in various commercial or marketing roles which may include Product Support, Commercial Consultant, Marketing Representative, or Consultant.
- Knowledge in strategy development and business acumen.
- Self-starter and drive to determine best way to complete job assignments to achieve desired results.
- The ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
What You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Strong leadership skills to work with people from many different backgrounds, cultures, and levels within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with other inside and outside the business unit.
- Strong communication and change management skills.
- Self-starter with excellent time-management, organization, and prioritization skills allowing for 2-4 complex projects to be managed at a time.
- Previous Power BI experience.
- Location: Mossville, IL (USA)
- This position does offer relocation assistance.
- Our team embraces flexibility through a hybrid work model. In addition to working onsite at our facility in Mossville, IL, our hybrid work model allows employees the flexibility to work from home based on business need.
#BIRelocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community.