Career Area:Purchasing & Procurement
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
- Global scope for contract management and processing while collaborating with partners across Procurement, Legal, and the business
- Preparing, executing, and archiving relevant procurement legal documents (including MSAs, amendments, schedules, NDSAs, etc.)
- Negotiate with suppliers on non-commercial contract terms to minimize enterprise risk
- Managing document processes/approvals required for general business and SOX compliance
- Assisting with other projects as necessary, including reporting on relevant productivity and velocity metrics
- Identifying and implementing process enhancements to drive continuous improvement
The CoE core concepts include leading all non-commercial negotiations with suppliers (in combination with legal teams as needed), while procurement/business teams take care of business/performance/operational aspects. These responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Identify appropriate contract template for requests
- Create contract record in e-Contracting tool and project manage contract creation and execution process
- Obtain commercial terms and conditions from Category Team, if applicable
- Develop legal input cover sheet and share with Legal Team
- Finalize first draft of contract, including all non-commercial and commercial terms, with inputs from Category Team and Legal Team
- Share contract with supplier for review
- Review supplier redlines on legal terms and make updates as per CoE know-how, keep Legal team informed
- Responsible for coordinating and obtaining inputs from Legal/SME/BU, as applicable
- Escalate commercial value term changes by supplier to Category Team and obtain inputs, as applicable
- Responsible for obtaining approvals/signatures from the relevant approvers/signatories
- Upload final contract documentation at the relevant (currently used) tool/location depending on site/country/region
Procurement: Knowledge of procurement; ability to work with organizational strategies and practices, and use tools for buying goods, supplies, equipment and services needed to conduct business.
Purchasing Tasks and Activities: Knowledge of policies, regulations and processes of purchasing; ability to use practices and procedures for procurement of materials, components, equipment and services.
- Demonstrated results, process governance, collaboration and/ or performance management
- Demonstrated Proficiency in all aspects of Contract Management in a critical role
- Several years of Contract Negotiation on MSA, SOW, Change Requests, etc.
- Excellent spoken written communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Familiarity with the Contract Management Lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with teams in a demanding executive-level work environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deliverable-centric team environment.
- 4-year college or university degree is required
- Minimum of 4 years of contract negotiation experience is required
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Strong organizational and project management skills and significant attention to detail while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Fluent in speaking and writing in Spanish preferred
- Highly professional with superior verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience providing contracting/legal support for a public company
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgment and accountability
- Skilled in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
This position would ideally be located in Peoria, IL; however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities within the U.S. (candidates permanent address must be within 50-mile driving distance to a Caterpillar facility)
For a full list of U.S. Caterpillar facilities please visit: https://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/global-footprint/americas/united-states.html
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.