Maintenance Mechanic - East Peoria Undercarriage, BB
Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Now is a great time to join us! Caterpillar has recently been recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes Magazine. Our team is currently looking for a talented individual to fill the role of a Maintenance Mechanic at our East Peoria, BB Undercarriage facility. In this position, your role will be to plan and perform repairs for services required. You are also responsible for fabrication work, checking blueprints, diagrams, or drawings for repairs and installations when necessary. The use of various hand tools and equipment to dismantle, repair, replace and reassemble parts and equipment is required.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Repair and maintain facility equipment
* Perform maintenance pipefitting on equipment
* Change and adjust equipment as required
* Lubricate equipment.
* Use all common, precision checking equipment, portable power tools, along with metal cutting and forming tools.
* Troubleshoot and repair the following types of machines and components:
- Heller, Rasoma, Mazak, Toyoda and a variety of others in the machine shop
- P&H cranes and hoists, conveyors, furnaces, washers, ABB robots
* Install, repair, and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems, ball screws, precision bearings, scraping principles, and a variety of other controllers on the machines in the machine shop
* Leveling and alignment of machines, alignment of shafts, gearing, welding, lubrication principles, and tube bending
*Maintenance on various other Heat Treat, Assembly and process related equipment.
* Mechanical maintenance experience
Physical Qualifications (with or without reasonable accommodation):
* Be able to work above the floor and in a congested or confined areas.
Top candidates will also have:
* Strong mechanical background
* Machine shop experience
* Technical degree/diploma
* Must be able to weld, cut, solder and braze
To be considered for hire, a candidate must pass mechanical skills testing.
- This position does not offer relocation
- This position requires no travel.
- Position is on 3rd shift; 11pm - 7am, Sunday night - Friday morning
What we offer:
- Competitive starting wages
- Scheduled wage increases
- Day one benefits
- Employee national discounts
- Development opportunities
* Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
* Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.