Embedded SW Engineer
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
The Software developer and designer will develop embedded ‘C’ and/or C++ code software solutions to meet system requirements. This job involves developing and using system requirements to design, develop, and test software components used in machine control platforms, engine control platforms, display, and telematics platforms.
- Development and analysis
- Software design
- Software implementation
- Interface between software layers
- Development/execution of test procedures
- Interfaces between hardware and software as well as evaluating operational performance of an overall system.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering or Computer Science & 6 years embedded network communication systems & software development experience, which must include developing and maintaining data link and networking protocol libraries, and developing low level network Drivers utilizing CAN, CAN FD, J1939 and or Ethernet communication library development.
- Must also have 4 years (concurrent) experience in automotive, machine, or industrial embedded network communication software development.
Top Candidates will also have
- MS in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 3 years embedded network communication systems & software development experience, which must include developing and maintaining events and diagnostics libraries, data link and networking protocol libraries, and developing low level network Drivers utilizing CAN, CAN FD, J1939 and or Ethernet communication library development and debugging.
The location for this position is Mossville IL,
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position may require 10% travel.
Sponsorship is available for this position
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Annual incentive bonus plan*
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc. prorated based upon hire date.)
401k savings plan
Health savings account (HSA)
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Voluntary Benefits and Employee Discounts
*Subject to annual eligibility and incentive plan guidelines.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-mediaRelocation is available for this position.Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.