Entry-Level IT Professional
Career Area:Information Technology
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
At Caterpillar, we work to help our customers build a better world. Without our team of talented, bright and driven individuals, we wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today. Now, this is your chance to join our team and do work that matters. We want you to help us enable customer success, make progress possible around the world and help our communities grow and thrive. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as an Entry-Level IT Professional at our largest facility in Morton, IL. We have multiple openings in various disciplines across our Aftermarket Parts Organization.
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
Through it all, we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Learn more about the Caterpillar Experience
To learn more about what we are looking for, our opportunities are broken out into the following skillsets:
Role A- Responsibilities for this role includes (but are not limited to):
· Capturing business requirements on needed solutions.
· Working with architects to design business solutions to solve current needs.
· Translating business requirements into technical requirements for development.
· Assisting with test case identification, execution, and defect resolution.
· Working to transition enhancements to support teams for ongoing maintenance.
· Identifying innovative technologies and solutions to solve complex problems, etc.
· Learn SPM / SAP and the Master Data process.
Role B- Responsibilities for this role includes (but are not limited to):
· Learn and work with the Enterprise GTS (Global Trade Services) component within SAP.
· Support of our trade systems as well as implementations of new interfaces and connections to our systems.
· System issue resolution, understanding requirements and making configuration changes within SAP to support requests from our internal business groups while following proper change management, testing and documentation standards.
· Cross training opportunities to learn additional related SAP functions that we support such as finance, billing & invoicing.
· Opportunity to develop SAP ABAP/Fiori code in the future.
Role C- Responsibilities for this role includes (but are not limited to):
· Azure Cloud monitoring and automation tools
· S/4 environment migrations
· Database and application server software installations
· Cybersecurity vulnerability patching
· System performance analysis and tuning
· Must obtain a bachelor’s degree or Higher in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Data Science, Business Accounting with an IT focus, Information Technology, OR Computer Engineering
· Understanding of one or more of the following:
o Foundations of information technology and/or software development
o Knowledge of programming concepts, understanding of logic (Batch, Shell, C, Perl, Python, SQL)
o Windows and/or Linux command line (Server Management)
· Minimum cumulative GPA requirement 3.0/ 4.0 (no rounding)
· Graduation date between April 2023 through June 2024
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
· Experience solving problems through critical and creative thinking.
· Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical customers.
· Ability to collaborate and work effectively with teams.
· Ability to manage competing priorities.
· Must be willing to relocate to Morton, IL
Top Candidates will also have:
· Knowledge of Supply Chain processes or Inventory Planning
· Class work or working knowledge of one of the following:
o SAP S/4
o SAP ERP Systems (Ex. EPP, EWM, ECC, FI/CO, GTS)
· Application development experience with Java, ABAP, Python or related language used in ERP implementations.
· Basic relocation may be available, dependent on relocation qualifications.
· Start Dates: Please note, the start date for this position will be January/February 2024 through June/July 2024
· Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role.Relocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.