Senior Engineer - Peoria, IL
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar, the largest Construction Equipment manufacturer in the World, is seeking a highly experienced Senior Engineer to be part of our engineering team at engineering team in our Peoria, IL facility.
The role will direct and participate in the design and development of new product concepts and complex engineering projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability. Position will work both as an individual contributor and as part of a project team on Caterpillar Earthmoving equipment such as, but not limited to Wheel Loaders, Track-type Tractors, Motor Graders, Compactors, Pavers, Cold Planers and Rotary Mixers.
Specifically, as a Senior Engineer (internally known as Senior Engineer-Design), you can expect to:
- Continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology such as machine learning algorithms, payload systems, adaptive controls, and self-learning machines
- Demonstrated foundational product development skills such as conceptual design, development of product and/or process, data analysis & extraction, failure resolution & prevention, and requirements management.
- Leading and collaborating across functional groups in the design, development and maintenance of heavy equipment structural systems
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for Caterpillar’s Earthmoving division and direct and manage key decisions related to product safety, decision consultation, regulatory and compliance
To be successful in this role, you must bring (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Aerospace, Agricultural, Chemical, Material Science, etc.)
- Extensive experience in one of the following areas:
- Control and/or autonomous systems development
- Engine system design and installation
- New product development
- Electrical integration or machine electrification
- Design and test of mobile equipment
- Hydraulics system design and installation
- Machine Connectivity, System Learning, and Data Analytics
Top candidates will also bring:
- Experience with one or more of the following systems: Power BI, Tableau, Dewesoft, EDAQ, Creo 3D modeling or Creo Simulate (FEA), ANSYS, MATLAB, Python, Discrete Element Method, etc.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and build trust across a wide and diverse range of people – customers, dealers, product specialists, internal partners, suppliers, technicians, engineers, and leadership team
- Proven team leadership and people development skills
- Ability to learn and leverage Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) strategies across the enterprise
- Location: Peoria, IL
- Domestic relocation is available to those who qualify
- Visa sponsorship is not available
- This position is also available in our Brooklyn Park, MN location and can be found using the following requisition #R0000226554
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with a short-term incentive plan
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
#LI-onsite #engineeringcareers #nowhiringengineers #engineeringjobs
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.