Elec Sys V&V Sr. Engineer
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Join a team that designs, develops, and integrates state of art telematics systems for onboard and digital teams within Caterpillar Inc. This software tester role is in End-to-End telematics verification & validation team of Onboard systems division. This team shares your passion for striving for perfection. The team is responsible for continuous improvement efforts that enable Caterpillar to deliver the highest quality products and services. Working as a member of this team, the successful candidate will be involved in testing of cutting-edge embedded telematics software and customer applications.
- As embedded software test engineer you will work in a team environment utilizing simulation as well as actual Hardware in the Loop to test all aspects of the Cat Digital system including both onboard the machine as well as back-office features.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your technical skills in software verification, troubleshooting, and test automation.
- You will be part of a global team and work closely with others to conduct release testing, resolve issues, automate testing, and investigate field issues involving both software and electronics.
- You will participate in the design and development of Next generation telematics concepts and complex engineering projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, digital connectivity, and serviceability.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4-7 years of experience or master’s degree with at least 2-5 years of experience in an electronics controls field.
- 2+ years' experience in software verification/validation
- Proficient in C++ and Python, and good understanding of software engineering principles
- Working knowledge of NPI process, test automation and standard test documentation.
Top Candidates will also have
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Passion for innovation and problem-solving
- Experience with Hardware-in-loop (HIL) test
- Experience with communication networks (e.g. J1939/CAN/Ethernet)
- Experience with version management tools and software development processes.
The location for this position is Mossville, IL
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position may require 10% travel.
Sponsorship is available for this position.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Annual incentive bonus plan*
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc. prorated based upon hire date.)
401k savings plan
Health savings account (HSA)
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Healthy Lifestyle Programs
Employee Assistance Programs
Voluntary Benefits and Employee Discounts
*Subject to annual eligibility and incentive plan guidelines.
Caterpillar Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For nearly 100 years, we’ve been helping customers build a better, more sustainable world and are committed and contributing to a reduced-carbon future. Our innovative products and services, backed by our global dealer network, provide exceptional value that helps customers succeed.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.