Student Trainee SOS Lab
Career Area:Administrative Support
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
As an SOS Lab Intern at Caterpillar, you will be part of an engaged team of Technicians that process fluid samples for Cat and non-Cat equipment. Interns will aid in meeting critical customer requirements for turnaround time for fluid analysis in a safe, efficient manner. Interns will be provided training to meet all laboratory safety and ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements. Interns will have an opportunity to work in a 24-hour production laboratory environment which utilizes state of the art analytical equipment.
These intern positions aim to create a pipeline of talent for a career as a fluid analysis technician at Cat or Cat Dealer laboratories and give students an opportunity to build professional skills. It will be a requirement for all interns to have a positive school record, including attendance, the ability to work on a team, reliable transportation, and a positive attitude.
E4Life Program Qualifications
- Seniors attending HS within the Peoria Public Schools.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 (no rounding)
- Expected Graduation Date of May/June 2024
- Must be able to work 3 hours (8:30-11:30 am or 12-3pm) each day.
Candidate must be:
- Safety & quality focused
- Able to think through and diagnose an issue and offer potential solutions
- Willing to learn and be flexible on the job
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Familiar with programs such as Microsoft, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
Top candidates must have:
- Exposure to working in a school laboratory environment
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Self-starter with good time management
- Excellent planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills required
- Must be team-oriented and willing to adapt to change
Besides exciting work, Interns will experience:
- Comprehensive internship orientation
- Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Product Demonstrations
- Various social events
- Networking with leadership
- Intern roundtable discussions
- Business skill building
- Career discussion with leaders and experts
- Resume and Interview Workshop
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.