Value Simulation Tool - Product Manager
Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
What does it mean to live the Caterpillar Experience?
It means you play a part in building a better world. You contribute to a winning culture—a spirit of accountability—that has driven change on every continent for more than 90 years. To work with us is a commitment to improve sustainability, invent for the digital age and innovate in order to bring solutions to millions of people. Sure, you work for Caterpillar. But more importantly, you work for the good of your career, your family, your community and your world.
This opportunity is for a leadership role at Caterpillar, with Product Manager responsibilities for a digital application known as the Value Simulation Tool (VST). This particular application is used by Caterpillar sales and marketing professionals and Caterpillar dealer sales professionals when working with end customers to 1) make a machine selection recommendation and 2) quantify the value of products or services solution compared to alternatives.
Job duties include:
- Lead a team of 6 value selling & simulation specialists. Set goals for VST coverage, user engagement, training, innovation / enhanced efficiency efforts. Develop subject matter expertise in value selling & simulation team, expansion of performance guided selection business partners, fleet & site optimization, services growth, electrification, and sustainably.
- VST feature enhancements. Document feedback from VST users, business partners, and admins. Lead business team discussions to transform user feedback into innovative and intuitive feature enhancement ideas. Prioritize enhancements across Caterpillar: Resource Industries, Global Construction & Infrastructure, Building Construction Products, Energy & Transportation, Services Growth, Sustainability, Electrification, VST’s user support system, and general system needs. Prioritize enhancements between VST Pro (fleet / system application) and VST Standard (individual product guided selection).
- Collaboration with technical team to deploy enhancements. Lead cross functional tech team and Subject Matter Expert (SME) business partner discovery sessions for VST pro / performance modules. Lead business team through voice of business (VOB) / technical team prioritization / tradeoff discussions. Define detailed functionality and acceptance criteria for all work items, documented in Azure DevOps. Strengthen feature enhancement testing discipline from business team members within sprint release timeframe. Co-lead user acceptance testing initiative – secure dealer and Cat testers, identify testing scope and timeline, draft communications.
- Strengthen business partner engagement required for sustainability & user acceptance. Drive product group ownership / delivery of Cat technical data (machine and technology). Drive worldwide SME / product application team alignment, engagement, and commitment.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree concentrated in engineering, marketing, finance, economics, business management, information technology, business computer systems, or related fields.
- 15+ years of experience in sales and marketing, product application, pricing / merchandising, digital product management, or digital product development.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across a range of internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Previous supervisory experience with strong mentoring skills
- 10+ years product engineering or services experience
- 5+ years product application experience
- 2+ years experience working with product electrification
- Strong understanding of digital solutions and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to coach and teach others
- Ability to work closely with senior leaders to communicate a clear and aligned vision
- Experience with lean innovation and agile software development processes
This position would ideally be located in Peoria, IL; however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities within the U.S. (candidate's permanent address must be within 50-mile driving distance to a Caterpillar facility)
For a full list of U.S. Caterpillar facilities please visit: https://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/global-footprint/americas/united-states.html
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.