Design Engineer - Engine Power System Cooling
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar Large Power System Division is looking for a design engineer to support engine power system cooling needs. The position is accountable for design and development of engine cooling system modules supporting electric power, Industrial, and Oil & Gas applications. Job role includes module and component design, supplier collaboration, collaboration with validation & system integration teams to support NTI, NPI, and CPI programs.
Engineers must manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Learning will focus on methods, processes and systems applied to engineering functions, key engineering skills, practical application of theory, communications and building a knowledge of Caterpillar’s products, suppliers, and customers.
This individual must have good communication skills to effectively collaborate with various product development teams to deliver validated design solutions to our challenging program deliverables and timelines simultaneously.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and development of cooling modules to support engine power system needs.
- Perform component engineering activity to meet product engineering targets & customer requirements.
- Conduct DFMEA, DVP& R (design verification plan & report)
- Support/Lead design review meetings
- Support Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process and Concurrent Product and Process Development (CPPD) activity to ensure components are developed to meet time, cost, and quality requirements within budget.
- Support engineering solutions to fix quality issues for New Product Introduction (NPI) or Continuous Product Improvement (CPI)
- Collaborate with other engineering team members, purchasing, suppliers, and Caterpillar product group customers.
- Conduct supplier collaboration sessions to support supplier selection and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering curriculum (Mechanical, Agricultural, or Aerospace engineering ) with 2+ year engineering work experience with component design/ validation responsibilities OR a master’s degree in engineering curriculum (Mechanical, Agricultural, or Aerospace engineering) with 1+ years of component design/ validation experience.
- Project management experience.
- Basic CREO experience.
- Working knowledge of NPI/ APQP process
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and good mechanical aptitude.
- Self-starter with good multitasking skills to optimize and deliver desired results under challenging requirements of quality, cost, and timelines.
.Top Candidates will also have:
- Cooling component design experience
- Thermal management system or component experience
- Ability to manage multiple programs
- This position will close on 9/26/23.
- This position is located in Mossville, IL
- Up to 10% Travel.
- This position is posted internally and externally.
- Visa sponsorship is not available.
- Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Employee benefit details:
- Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
- Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-mediaRelocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.