Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
As a Commercial Consultant II, you will enable Aftermarket Parts Sales Profitable Growth by guiding Parts Pricing & Sales Variance strategic pricing support for Customer Value Agreements (CVA) and strategic projects supporting Pricing for Services Growth.
This position will set the strategy for core CVA pricing and merchandising processes across industries through collaboration across segments and developing informed strategy development-based projects based on current metrics, VOB and VOD. The role will also serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) while supporting CVA teams and extended sales execution teams to manage commercial-related risk across their CVA portfolios through common industry techniques.
This position acts as an advisor to senior management on strategic pricing support for CVA’s, expected to collaborate across all industry segments and will manage Parts Pricing & Sales Variance growth projects that enable long term profitable services growth.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Strategy, maintenance, and execution of CVA Commercial Framework
- Support training for CVA Pricing Acumen
- Primary global pricing and sales variance consultant for CVA and other related topics.
- Plan, analyze, execute, control, and communicate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders for key strategic projects within the CVA space
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support commercial decisions related to Cat merchandising support of CVAs
- Coach dealers and internal business partners on parts pricing best practices as well as merchandising concepts and processes
- Provide project management and strategic support to key initiatives delivering pricing for service growth
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience concentrated in business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, marketing, or related fields
- 6 or more years of professional level experience in pricing, commercial, marketing, or related fields
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Knowledge of Caterpillar products, merchandising programs and/or relevant business systems
- Knowledge of Customer Value Agreement creation, marketing or execution and/or other contract negotiations
- Experience working with global commercial and/or sales teams and/or dealer personnel
- Strong analytical ability, SQL, PowerBI and advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated initiative and results oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven to demonstrate intellectual curiosity
- Proven sense of urgency to complete tasks on time to meet goals or deadlines
- Demonstrated focus on quality and customer needs
- Strong interpersonal skills to work through sensitive business problems and change management
- Location: This role is primarily based in Peoria, IL. However we may consider candidates who reside within 50 miles of a Caterpillar facility
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
- This position would ideally be located in the locations listed above, however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities - candidates permanent address must be within 50-mile driving distance to a Caterpillar facility)
- Up to 25% travel is expected
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) and potential for a yearly performance bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.