Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar takes a full system view of the life of our components and products. We design and manufacture them for multiple lives, our dealers support and service them to maximize their value to the customer, and we remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life to deliver the next generation of value. Our industry leading engineering and manufacturing expertise, large field population and world class dealer organization make this possible. This total life cycle approach allows us to provide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better world. Our engineering team embraces several critical roles to maximize the value to the customer. We remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life to deliver the next generation of value. This total life cycle approach allows us to provide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better, more sustainable world.
About the role:
The Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division has an Engineering Manager position located at our Mossville, IL facility. In this role, you will lead, mentor and guide the fuel systems product engineering team for Caterpillar’s remanufactured fuel system components. In addition to the engineering manager responsibilities, this position is also the Reman Fuel Systems Technical Steward for remanufactured fuel systems products and processes used throughout the division. The Fuel Systems team is accountable for the overall quality and warranty of existing products, support of product and process salvage improvement projects to manage costs and execution of New Product Introduction (NPI) programs introducing new product offerings for our dealers and customers. As the Technical Steward, you are the Subject Matter Expert contributing to or leading strategic projects for fuel systems products, processes, and sourcing guiding Fuel Systems portfolio of products with the Remanufacturing Division. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
What you will be doing:
- Lead, guide and mentor a team of up to 10 engineers that are accountable for fuel system components remanufactured within Caterpillar and those that worked through Purchased Finished through external suppliers. Fuel system components include fuel injectors of various technologies, high pressure fuel pumps, CRS heads, Variable Valve Actuators and other select components.
- Team accountability for career development, work life balance and employee engagement through active development and implementation of actions based on employee insights.
- Team accountability for understanding and tracking product warranty and watching for emerging trends.
- Team accountability for leading / supporting CPI, 6 Sigma, RCCA Quality projects.
- Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems.
- Team accountability to direct and participate in the design and development of new product concepts and complex engineering projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability.
- Travel to foreign and domestic facilities, suppliers, dealerships, and customer job sites to solve design problems or to field test locations to evaluate a product improvement.
- Team is responsible for supporting the engineering portion of New Product Introduction (NPI) of Reman fuel system products and performs necessary print maintenance & releasing to make the product available.
- Work closely with Caterpillar and external supplier manufacturability teams resolving problems with manufacturing and statistical process controls.
- Evaluate new component salvage projects and techniques. Develop and execute validation plans to ensure salvage projects meeting quality and warranty goals.
- Collaborate with Technical Services, Quality, Operations and Manufacturing engineering team leaders to develop the business goals and then actively provide engineering support to meet them.
- Fuel Systems Technical Steward will contribute to or lead strategic projects for fuel systems products, processes, and sourcing guiding Fuel Systems portfolio of products with the Remanufacturing Division
What you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in fuel systems design and/or manufacturing
- Experience in leading quality, warranty, CPI, cost or NPI improvement projects
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to be in office 3+ days weekly for team and management interaction.
- Willingness to travel up to 10-15% of time.
- 85 % English fluency level, written and oral communication.
What Top Candidates will have:
- Detailed design and manufacturing knowledge of numerous Caterpillar fuel injector families
- Knowledge of Caterpillar Reman products.
- Knowledge of fuel system pumps and injectors
- Previous supervisory experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- 401k savings plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.Relocation is available for this position.Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.