Quality Engineer 2
Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Quality Engineer 2
The Large Power Systems Division currently has an opening for a Quality Engineer 2 located in Mapleton, IL.
As a Quality Engineer 2 you will have the primary purpose of conducting investigations and analysis which contribute to the development and implementation of methods, procedures, and equipment that ensure quality standards for parts and prime products. The Quality Engineer will provide technical support for foundry products by leading quality development and certification of processes, cost reductions, production quality problems resolution, and warranty reduction.
What you will do:
- Develop plans and tools that are used for internal quality certification for the implementation of QMS.
- Work with all employees to improve quality practices in their processes through quality manner such as daily coaching, tracking CQI projects & Scorecard.
- Implement the Idea Generation Process and Corrective and Preventive Action processes by clarifying and verifying all ideas with related persons and spot check, explain the validation reasons, and encourage to make contributions to achieve zero defect in operations.
- Coordinate with engineering personnel on matters regarding Concurrent Product and Process Development, New Product Introduction, prove design to production, engineering changes and deviations, supplier designs, specification approvals, and meeting cost reduction goals.
- Proactively develop quality related control methodologies and systems.
- Support 5S/Lean Manufacturing/Class A and SAP and on-going support, to help area owners set up goals and integrate 5S/Lean Manufacturing practices with internal Quality Certification system through standardization and documentation.
- A Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of experience
- 4+ years of experience in manufacturing or quality.
- Excellent understanding of quality management practices or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of quality concepts including process control, analysis, ISO9000
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of employees and customers.
- Knowledge of quality tools and the ability to teach manufacturing and office employees how to properly apply quality tools or techniques.
- Advanced computer applications.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Experience working in a foundry environment or Quality field.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar internal certification principals
What you will get:
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our common values and focus on inclusion and respect drive the decisions made by our company, teams, and people. Here, you can apply your unique life and job experiences, and work in a team environment where your ideas are heard, your contributions are celebrated, and your whole-self matters.
- You earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date)
- This position will close on 09/25/2023.
- This position is located in Mapleton, IL.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
A Closer look into the Mapleton Facility
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LIVisa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.