Control System Team Lead
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
As a Control System Team Lead, the incumbent will lead the development of embedded software and hardware for electronic control systems supporting energy applications. These applications leverage a wide range of energy platforms and features to meet a multitude of market needs. Areas of responsibility include collaboration with diesel engine & electrification clients and teams within Cat Electronics to define, plan, and deliver software flash files and application hardware per client & customer requirements. In addition, the application leader will manage a small team of engineers in the integration & testing of software in the support of New Product Introduction (NPI), Continuous Product Improvement (CPI), Built in Quality (BIQ), Change Requirements Management (CRM), and R&D efficiency improvement.
- Planning and execution of Flash File Requests (FFRs) submitted by diesel engine & electrification clients.
- Submission & approval of changes via the Change Requirements Management Process (CRMs).
- Documentation and resolution of software defects using Built-in-Quality (BIQ) methodology.
- Participation in New Product Introduction (NPI) programs led by Cat Electronics, including leadership of design reviews.
- Support of Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) projects to address customer issues.
- Mentoring team members in the utilization of processes for building and testing flash files.
- Development of validation plans to ensure software meets client & customer requirements.
- Oversight of the application software team’s test benches, tools, and processes.
- Implementation of simulation and automation techniques to improve R&D efficiency.
- Assisting with development planning for team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering plus 8 to 15 years of relevant experience with the development of embedded software, electronic systems, and/or diesel engines
- Experience leading small teams
Top Candidates will also have
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering
- Prior experience with diesel engines and machine applications.
- Familiarity with embedded software development for engines or machines
- Exposure to the following: GIT, CAN, Trace 32 Debugger, CANalyzer, dSPACE, Cat Electronic Technician Service Tool.
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicating technical information and development progress to clients and team members.
- Strong planning and communication skills.
The location for this position is Mossville, IL.
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position will require less than 10% travel.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.