Senior Parts & Service Marketing Consultant
Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar, Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy, and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
We don’t just build great products; we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
Our Global Rental, Service & Marketing (GRSM) group is a part of the Services, Distribution & Digital (SD&D) segment. GRSM is comprised of Global Rental & Used Equipment Services, Global Service and Global Marketing & Brand. A primary role of GRSM is to support and enhance Caterpillar’s dealer network, which is a competitive strength and the critical way in which we serve our customers.
As a Senior Parts & Service Marketing Consultant you will serve as a consultant at Caterpillar specializing in the parts and service field or specialty area where decisions and recommendations are made for aftermarket applications that will provide a strategic advantage and contribute to Parts Sales for Caterpillar branded parts growth.
Primary Responsibilities of this Role Include:
- Accountable for supporting business ownership of service applications that includes PM Accuracy (AAA), CVA Condition Monitoring (CM) Fulfillment, and Hard Asset Tool.
- Provide testing, strategy, and support of our tools to ensure there is an end-to-end business view of the service data applications and that the systems work together as designed.
- Support training and communicating updates to the application. Help to identify future improvements to the service data system tools through the collection of requirements.
- Collaborate with key process partners and Cat Digital technical partners on development cycles and production schedules.
- Support Service Excellence Program with data and input related to these information sources.
- Other duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time-to-time.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent years of equivalent marketing/product support experience.
- 8 (plus) years of specific industry, product and/or field experience.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues and/or persuade others on new methods of equipment application, new technology and distribution methods.
- Ability to work flexible hours for global support as needed.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Previous experience working directly with dealers and/or customers in parts or product support capacity.
- Previous experience working with work order, inspection, fluid analysis and connectivity issues.
- Experience with Agile methodology and working with Cat Digital partners.
- Experience in leading large, global project and/or teams.
- Previous 6 Sigma Black Belt experience.
- High level of interpersonal, communication, process management, collaboration, and relationship management skills.
- Innovative with solutions to solve problems.
- This position will be based at our facility in Peoria, IL.
- Our team embraces flexibility through a hybrid work model. In addition to working onsite at our facility in Peoria, IL, our hybrid work model allows employees flexibility to work from home based on business need.
- This position does not offer relocation assistance.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers .Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.