Engineering Specialist - CPI Leader
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
We are looking for an Engineer that is ready to jump into action with our aftertreatment product lines that span the market segments of machines, electric power, marine, rail, and oil & gas. The Engineering Specialist role in the Aftertreatment and Exhaust Systems (AT&ES) Engineering Team is critical to ensure continued product quality, timely CPI issue resolution, and cost management for Large Aftertreatment Product. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide CPI Leadership and to manage Cost Reduction efforts for the entire AT&ES team. This includes ownership of CPI and CR metrics, fulfilling the role of Team Lead for all AT&ES CPI issues, and ensuring timely maintenance and reporting of CPI and Cost Reduction efforts. Additionally, this position will have the opportunity to fulfill leadership positions as NPI System Integrator or Pontiac CAR Team Lead.
In this role, you will report to our Engineering Manager and be able to collaborate and be supported by our established diverse global team of aftertreatment design experts and project leads. You will have significant opportunities to network with other professionals inside and outside our organization in career functions like manufacturing, operations, simulation, marketing, purchasing, emission regulators, and other product groups. You will gain exposure and practical knowledge of worldwide emissions regulations.
We truly believe that our clean power solutions build a better world! Will you help us continue to build a better world?
What you will do:
- CPI and Cost Reduction leadership for AT&ES team.
- Participate and represent AT&ES in CPI and Cost Reduction reviews.
- Fulfill role of CPI issue Team Lead.
- Warranty and DPU governance.
- Communicate technical information in a concise and accurate manner to suppliers, dealers, customers and process partners.
- Collaborate with other engineering team members, purchasing, suppliers, and CAT product group customers.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering program and 10-12 years related work experience OR Master's degree in an accredited Engineering program and 8-10 years related work experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and an extensive understanding of complex engineering concepts and applications.
- Excellent teamwork and ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
- Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills.
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience leading CPI and/or Cost Reduction projects with proven results.
- Detailed understanding of Aftertreatment systems and design principles.
- Strong engineering and / or manufacturing skills along with an understanding of product design, test & development, product & component cost analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple programs and break down roadblocks to meet program targets.
- 6Sigma Black Belt experience
What you will get:
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our common values and focus on inclusion and respect drive the decisions made by our company, teams, and people. Here, you can apply your unique life and job experiences, and work in a team environment where your ideas are heard, your contributions are celebrated, and your whole-self matters.
- You earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date)
- This position will close on 09/22/2023.
- Travel requirements may be less than 10%.
- This position is located in Mossville, IL
- Domestic relocation is available.
- VISA Sponsorship is NOT available
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
#IamcaterpillarRelocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.