Engine Development - Calibration Specialist
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar Large Power Systems Division currently is looking for an Engineering Specialist for Dual Fuel Engine Development. The Engineering Specialist will be responsible for developing calibration for Dual Fuel Engines that meets customer and regulatory requirements. You will work with NPI and NTI product team members to support concept evaluation, recipe selection, engine performance improvement efforts, and field data analysis for early issue detection and resolution.
The role will be an Engineering Specialist, which includes:
- Develop engine test plans, perform complex analysis, and deliver technical reports.
- Provide technical support and input to assist in the closure of product issues through the NPI and CPI process.
- Support hardware recipe evaluation and software strategy development.
- Coordination with Emissions Regulations and Compliance team relative to new software and program requests, including necessary certification documentation, data files, and AECD documents.
- Provide technical mentoring to team of calibration engineers.
- Communicate technical information to leadership and internal customers.
- The individual should be focused on continuous improvement of processes, methods, and tools relative to engine performance and validation.
- The individual must have a Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering field with 8 - 10 years of relevant engineering work experience developing engine systems or a Master's degree in engineering with 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience developing engine systems.
- Strong background in engine simulation and test analysis
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to broad audiences, using various leadership styles to gain engagement as well as agreement on the path forward.
- The individual should be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to learn at an accelerated pace, and willing to put in the time to get the job done.
- Good teamwork, communication, analysis, and troubleshooting skills are required.
Top Candidates May Have:
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engine Performance or Controls
- Prior experience in Caterpillar’s Dual Fuel engine development.
- Proficiency in software tools like MATLAB, Canape, NI DIAdem.
- This position is located in Mossville, IL.
- Domestic Relocation is available for this position.
- Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
- This position will close 9/19/23.
Employee benefit details:
- Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
- Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-mediaRelocation is available for this position.Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.