Electrician 3rd Shift - East Peoria Undercarriage BB
Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar has exciting opportunity for an Electrician at our East Peoria, IL (Undercarriage Building BB) facility! Pay starts at $34.36 plus $.75 per hour shift differential. This full-time position offers benefits including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K etc.
As an Electrician, you will be responsible building, installing and repairing electrical and electronic circuits used on machine tools and plant equipment. While applying your knowledge the operations of electrical units and systems, you will test and diagnose malfunctions.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Build, install, repair electrical and electronic circuits used on machine tools and plant equipment
* Apply knowledge of operation of electronic circuits to locate defects using instruments
* Test faulty equipment
* Apply knowledge of operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose malfunctions
* Utilize oscilloscopes, signal generators, electronic counter, recorders, etc.
* Calibrate and service electronic testing instruments
* Electrically troubleshoot and repair complex machine tools and related equipment
* Troubleshoot and repair relay logic machines and CNC/PLC controlled machines
* Support electrical aspects of new equipment installation
* Demonstrate comprehension of oral instructions and/or printed work orders to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
* Satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in electrical and electronic theory and application relating to plant operations and equipment
* Demonstrate an intermediate working knowledge of interpreting schematics and electrical diagrams
* Obtain three years of experience, or demonstrate the equivalent, before performing intermediate tasks on electrical and electronic machinery and equipment
* Obtain two years of experience, or demonstrate the equivalent, before performing basic mechanical installation or repair to equipment
* Conduit bending experience
- This position does not offer relocation
- This position requires no travel
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
What we offer:
- Competitive starting wages
- Scheduled wage increases
- Day one benefits
- Quarterly bonuses
- Employee national discounts
- Development opportunities
- Paid time off and holidays
Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.