Medium Wheel Loader, Hydraulic System Team Lead - Fluid Power Systems
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
If you like being on the forefront of product development and improvement, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join the team as a Hydraulic System Team Leader! Caterpillar enjoys the strongest reputation in the industry, and, in this critical role, you will help to continue this tradition by leveraging your unique combination of hydraulic design, test, simulation, and project management skills to design and develop hydraulic systems for new and existing Caterpillar machines. This is a great opportunity to utilize technical, business, and communication skills in a non-supervisory leadership role.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Leading a team in the planning, designing, and developing of hydraulic systems for Medium Wheel Loaders
- Mentor and coach, a small team of system engineers
- Supporting new product development as well as quality improvement projects for existing machine fleet and any identified factory or process improvement projects
- Selecting, sizing, and developing components (pumps, motors, valves, cylinders, etc.) to meet system and performance requirements
- Lead system development through simulation, testing, controls tuning, data analysis and troubleshooting for electro-hydraulic, hydro-mechanical and/or pilot operated systems
- Utilizing machine application knowledge and customer needs and translate into new system and component requirements
- Leveraging available global expertise to execute complex projects within demanding timelines and budget expectations
- Communicating across other system teams including installation, cooling, drivetrain, and performance & controls is required to develop an optimized the hydraulic system
- Working aftermarket growth and cost reduction projects
- Keeping up with latest technology advancements and identification of new hydraulic solutions that provide a competitive advantage to Caterpillar and support development in electrification and autonomy
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum with 7+ years (post graduation) of extensive engineering experience
Top Candidates will also have
- Mechanical, Aerospace, or Agricultural Engineering degree
- Experience in hydraulic system development or component design
- Understanding of major hydraulic sub-systems on mobile construction or mining equipment including implement, braking, steering, etc.
- Experience collaborating with suppliers to specify and select components
- Simulink/MATLAB, Dynasty or other simulation software experience is desired
- Hydraulic controls tuning experience
- Domestic relocation is available to those who qualify
- 15% of travel is expected (International or domestic)
- ISE assignment is not available for this position
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
How We Support You (Employee Benefits)
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a yearly bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Learn about Caterpillar at www.caterpillar.com
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LI #NowHiring #HydraulicsJobs #Hiring #Engineeringjobs #Engineeringcareers #nowhiring #careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.