Senior Engineer - Hydraulic Systems
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Do you have the drive to help us continue this progress towards groundbreaking products, best in class solution while creating a lifelong career? If so, we have an exciting career growth opportunity for you to join our team as a Senior Engineer - Hydraulic Systems. You will provide project leadership, logistical, and technical support of active new and current Medium Wheel Loader prime products.
As a member of the Hydraulic System team, you will lead systems projects on Caterpillar Medium Wheel Loaders, developing implement, steering, fan, and brake systems.
Specifically, in this role, you can expect to:
- Direct and participate in the concept, design and development of hydraulic systems and ensuring products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability while meeting cost and delivery targets.
- Lead development activities with internal and external suppliers of mechanical and electro-hydraulic components through NPI/CPI development.
- Use your technical expertise, product knowledge and cutting-edge technologies to extract data from our products and transform it into valuable insights to create integrated solutions that help customers solve their greatest challenges.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, define, and resolve issues during machine development and field follow.
- Coordinate design validation and prototype machine iron
- Collaborate with expert operators to provide detailed feedback on machine performance that is correlated with on machine measured data.
- Create and develop new intellectual property and patents.
- Want to work with a global team? This is your chance!
- You will collaborate with the global hydraulic engineering organization in United States, Europe, India, and China.
- Travel to foreign and domestic locations, if required, to support component and system development activities
Look at our products! Visit: https://www.cat.com/en_US/by-industry/construction/wheel-loader-choices.html
To be successful in this role, you must bring (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in an accredited Engineering or Computer Science curriculum with 5+ years (post graduation) of progressive engineering & product development experience
- Master’s or PhD in an accredited Engineering curriculum with 1+ years (post graduation) engineering & product development experience.
Top candidates will also bring:
- Wheel Loader application knowledge or similar product knowledge – Don’t have experience in this area? We can teach you!
- Component or Machine product development experience
- Hydraulic Component or systems experience
- Previous experience using data acquisition, data analysis, and/or simulation software
- Domestic relocation is available to those who qualify
- 15% of travel is expected (international or domestic)
- ISE assignment is not available for this position
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
How We Support You (Employee Benefits):
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Learn about Caterpillar at www.caterpillar.com
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#hydraulicsengineers #engineerjobs #nowhiring #engineeringjobs #hiringengineers #nowhiring #careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.