Assembly Associate - East Peoria Undercarriage BB
Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
We are currently seeking Assembly Associates in East Peoria, IL (Undercarriage Building BB). You will perform a series of routing functions to assemble machine components.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assembling / testing, reworking and repairing machine components
- Performing production based on schedule and continuously improving process efficiency
- Ensuring adherence to Standard Work Sheet to achieve quality products and avoid quality issues
- Participating in pre-shift Process Improvement Dialogue (PID) & Continuous Improvement (CI), raising, submitting issues and suggestions and following up requirements from supervisor
- Providing timely reports to operation supervisor or team lead on material availability and equipment downtime
- Identifying specification gaps and root causes and making adjustments to meet engineering test specification
- Ability to read assembly print and knowledge of normal technical requirements such as tolerance and fit
- Ability to read simple information in English; knowledge of simple English assembly terms
- Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- Ability to perform simple computer operations
- Awareness of Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain (5S) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- This position does not offer relocation
- This position requires no travel.
- Multiple shifts available (primarily 2nd and 3rd shift openings)
What we offer:
- Competitive starting wages
- Scheduled wage increases
- Day one benefits
- Quarterly bonuses
- Employee national discounts
- Development opportunities
* Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
* Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.