Machine Repair Mechanic - 2nd or 3rd Shift
Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Caterpillar has exciting opportunities for Machine Repair Mechanics at our Mapleton Facility! These are 2nd or 3rd shift hourly positions. Pay starts at $34.36/hr. plus $.75 per hour shift differential. These Full Time positions offer benefits including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K etc.
As a Machine Repair Mechanic at our Mapleton Foundry, you will inspect equipment and plan repairs for service required. You are also responsible for checking blueprints, diagrams, or drawings for repairs or installations when necessary and do lay-out work and fabrication. Also the use of various hand tools and equipment to dismantle, repair, replace and reassemble parts and equipment is required. You will assemble and align gears, bearings, cams, and shafts involving the application of press, sliding and running fits. While operating machinery such as drill presses, lathes, mills, grinders, power saws, and cutting & threading machines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs maintenance pipefitting on all equipment
- Changes, sets up, and adjusts equipment as required
- Lubricates or directs others to lubricate equipment
- Uses all common and precision checking equipment, laser equipment, and portable power tools Installs, repairs, and maintains pumps
- Uses Hydraulic equipment, Metal cutting and forming equipment, Compressors, valves, turbines, steam delivery systems and Material handling equipment
- Successfully pass a 2-hour skills exam
- 3-5 years maintenance experience
Physical Qualifications (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Be able to work near high voltage electricity, molten metal, heavy equipment, various gases, moving machinery, high above the floor and in a congested or confined areas
Top candidates will also have:
- Strong mechanical background
- Machine shop experience
- Technical degree/diploma
- Must be able to weld, cut, solder and braze
- Full benefits
- Starting salary is $34.36/hr. plus $.75 per hour shift differential
- Position is located in Mapleton, Illinois
- This position is on 2nd or 3rd shift
- No relocation reimbursement is offered
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.