Maintenance Mechanic - 1st Shift
Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs all functions necessary to install tools and equipment.
- May involve difficult installation and accurate alignment duties.
- Repairs, adjusts, overhauls and rebuilds machine tools, vehicle components and allied equipment.
- Makes calculations involving changes in gear ratio and camming.
- Performs hand fitting operations to obtain precise fits.
- Makes on site repairs to jigs, fixtures, tooling etc.
- Tests and repairs valves, regulators, gas units etc.
- Repairs power conveyors, dynamometers, fans, cranes, etc.
- Interprets prints, sketches, diagrams, etc. and plans procedures.
- Designs, lays out, and fabricates special parts and equipment.
- Performs welding, cutting, soldering, and brazing as necessary.
- Must pass the color blindness test
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
Top candidates will also have:
- Previous mechanical maintenance experience or training
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-starter and self motivated individual who works well individually in a team environment
- Willingness to work overtime to support production demands
- This position is available on 1st shift
- No relocation reimbursement is offered
- This position is located in Mossville, IL.
- The pay for this position starts at $34.36/hr plus a $.75 night shift premium for 2nd or 3rd shift
- Opportunity for overtime may be available based on demand
- Full time with full benefits
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.