2024 Summer Corporate Intern: Finance
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
It's Your Career. Make it Matter.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.
Finance Internship Program Details:
During the Corporate Finance Internship Program, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job experience and contribute to real-world projects in one or more of the following areas including; Corporate Cash Management, Employee Benefits Fund Management, Foreign Exchange/Commodities Risk Management, Corporate Funding, Accounts Receivables or Supplier Finance. As a finance intern, you will perform the same tasks as our Entry Level Finance Analysts.
Summer 2024: 5/13/2024 - 8/02/2024
This is a 40-hour-per-week assignment, Monday through Friday, lasting 12 weeks in the summer.
Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience:
* Comprehensive internship orientation
* Travel Reimbursement
* Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
* Product Demonstrations
* Various social events
* Networking with leadership
* Intern round table discussions
* Business skill building
* Career discussion with leaders and experts
* Resume and Interview workshop
* Paid holidays
* And more!
Applicants will be considered for positions throughout the United States.
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts to your application.
* Must be enrolled full-time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Bachelor’s or Master’s in Finance, Economics or other Business or Technology major
* Minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA (both Finance GPA & Cumulative GPA).
* 12 completed semester hours at a 4-year university prior to the start of the internship
* If a transfer student must have 12 semester hours completed at a 4-year university
* Must be able to relocate to Peoria, IL area or indicated work location for the duration of the internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Previous finance internship and/or work experience.
* Completed junior year of finance coursework by the start of the internship
* Strong initiative, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Leadership involvement in student associations.
* Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the US which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.