Foundry Specialist/Production Associates
Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
The Caterpillar Mapleton facility is adding jobs and growing! We are in need of hiring more employees due to the additional work being brought into the facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Set up, operate and adjust automatic lathes to perform complex combinations of operations to tight tolerances on a variety of parts
- Set up, operate and adjust one or more numerically controlled drilling and boring machines where the feeds, speeds and cycle are fully controlled by encoded instructions. Machining programs, tool layouts and encoded instructions are usually provided
- Applying safe working methods
- Operates control station to monitor and control melting station
- Analyzes control signals
- Controls melting operations
- Detects deviations and initiates corrective action
- Sets up, operates and adjusts one or more numerically controlled drilling and boring machines (with or without milling capabilities) where the feeds, speeds and cycle are fully controlled by encoded instructions.
- Machining programs, tool layouts and encoded instructions are usually provided.
- May be required to operate machine manually, override encoded instructions, or adjusts offsets as necessary.
- Prior manufacturing exp.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
- Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
- Ability to stand throughout an 8 to 12-hour shift
- Ability to operate heavy machinery and manufacturing equipment
Top candidates will also have:
- Previous machine shop, foundry, or manufacturing experience
- Math skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and decision-making
- Positions are for 2nd Shift and 3rd shift. and weekend alternate schedules
- Positions are in Mapleton, IL
- There is no relocation offered for these positions.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.