Materials Specialist - Mapleton Seals - Multiple Shifts
Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
As a Materials Specialist at Caterpillar, you will perform a variety of functions to check, receive, verify accuracy of our prime product. You will check, store, disburse or fill orders for parts, materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
* Maintain and report daily receiving and shipping activities
* Safely perform the material handling and warehousing functions required in the receiving, processing, storing, moving, packing, and shipping of parts, materials equipment and supplies.
* Performs related and/or specialized clerical duties and resolves discrepancies as required.
* Maintains related clerical records and operates computer terminal and/or hand held scanner to access and update information for receiving, counting and order processing. Performs housekeeping functions.
* Uses mobile equipment as required to facilitate job functions.
* Reports defects and need for repairs.
* Prior experience in a warehouse or similar environment
* Excellent computer skills
* Valid Drivers License and Forklift driver certification
* Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
* Work at heights of up to 30 feet from the floor, work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures, and walk, squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes, with or without reasonable accommodation
Top candidates will also have:
* Ability to read/write and interpret documents, the ability to perform a variety of clerical functions and do basic math
* Warehouse and/or manufacturing experience
* Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances, including marijuana.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.