Global Procurement Manager (Ground Transportation)
Career Area:Purchasing & Procurement
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc:
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who care not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers and future work builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Our Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
What You Will Do:
As the Global Procurement Manager (Ground Transportation) you will be responsible for managing a team of 7-8 salaried managers with an annual spend of $800M (plus).
- Category liaison with Integrated Logistics Services (ILS), Cat Parts, Direct Procurement, and across all BU’s of the enterprise.
- People: Manage a high-performing, multi-site-based team of procurement professionals who will identify, develop, and manage a high-performing global supply network.
- Leadership: Develop, mentor, and train personnel capable of delivering the global supplier strategy for the entire scope of Global Ground procurement. Adhere to the approved Performance Management Plan. Identify performance gaps. Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within this diverse global organization and recognize employee excellence.
- Strategy: Through a strong knowledge of the category the incumbent will set and sustain following the 7-step category strategy process. Lead teams to fully understand the requirements and performance of the supply base. Using a 6 Sigma strategic sourcing approach, the team will evaluate strategic options; decide a course of action and implement.
- Customers: The role will encompass managing suppliers delivering into many Caterpillar facilities. The role will require a strong communicator capable of keeping the customer fully informed of progress and working closely with the customer to ensure all requirements are met.
- Supplier Development: Collaborate with the Supply Network on risk mitigation. This will require relationship building and management at senior levels with the suppliers that encourage trust, professionalism, and continuous improvement. Predictive cost modeling both geographic and component based will be used extensively and will require a strong knowledge of Macroeconomics as well as component costing.
- Other duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time-to-time.
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 (plus) years of job-related experience with global responsibility.
- Minimum $100M spend control in previous role(s).
- Previous direct supervisory experience; leader of leaders.
- Global sourcing knowledge and experience.
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of Lean principles.
- Ability to acquire an understanding of governmental, environmental, political, and geographic factors that influence a supply base.
- Comprehensive understanding of supplier capacity planning, catalogue management, as well as business acumen.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
- Location: Morton, IL (USA)
- This position does offer relocation assistance.
- Our team embraces flexibility through a hybrid work model. In addition to working onsite at our facility in Morton, IL, our hybrid work model allows employees the flexibility to work from home based on business need.
What You Will Get:
The total rewards package, beyond based salary includes:
- Annual Incentive Bonus Plan*.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage starting Day 1.
- Paid Time Off Plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, etc.).
- 401(k) Savings Plan including Company match.
- Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
- Short and long-term disability coverage.
- Life Insurance.
- Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Programs.
- Voluntary Benefits and Employee Discounts.
- Career Development.
*Subject to annual eligibility an incentive plan guideline.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers .Relocation is available for this position.Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position. This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.