Embedded Software Engineer - Battery Management
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Software developer role in the electrification team to support Battery management programs. Role is to direct and participate in the design and development of new product concepts and complex software engineering projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability.
The individual hired for this position will work as part of an engineering team to design, develop, integrate, and test software features for machine electrifications applications running on embedded electronic controls.
Job responsibilities include:
- Machine software feature development
- Integration of software features taken from models and libraries to create software flash files
- Integration of configuration and calibration data
- Test plan development and software validation
- Identification and resolution of software defects
- Software reviews
- Four-year Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited engineering college or university
- Three or more years of experience with model-based development using Matlab/Simulink in an embedded software environment
- Three or more years of experience in embedded C software development
- Working knowledge of embedded real time operating systems
- Experience with embedded software development tools such as Git, debuggers, and compilers
- Strong communication skills, strong organizational and time management skills, strong analytical skills, and the ability to identify needed actions and act to resolve issues with minimal oversight
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse work group
- Four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience with scripting (e.g. python, bash, ruby, etc.)
- Experience with FMEA processes and a basic knowledge of electronic system failure modes
- Experience developing embedded real-time software or systems for mobile, earthmoving, agricultural, industrial, or off-highway applications
The location for this position is Mossville, IL
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position will require less than 10% travel.
Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.