Senior Heat Treat Engineer
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
At Caterpillar, we work to help our customers build a better world. Without our team of talented, bright and driven individuals, we wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today. Now, this is your chance to join our team and do work that matters. We want you to help us enable customer success, make progress possible around the world and help our communities grow and thrive. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Integrated Components and Solutions Division as an Sr Engineer-Test/Validations supporting the East Peoria, IL – KK facility heat treatment operation.
As an Sr Engineer-Test/Validation, you will be a key contributor in the concept, development, and manufacturing of complex drivetrain components. You will lead the metallurgical and dimensional analysis of heat treat processes and component response, formulate improvement plans, validate improvements via the test lot process, and communicate improvements with Design Engineering and Process partners.
The role of Sr. Engineer-Test/Validation on the Heat Treat Engineering Team includes:
- Lead the SFMEA, PFMEA, Control plan, and standard work generation / improvement for the heat treat area.
- Participate / lead the RCCA process for quality issues.
- Provide manufacturing technical support in process control, process maintenance and internal certification.
- Analyzes and recommends current systems, procedures, training and equipment needs based upon understanding and communication with users.
- Collaborate with Facilities / Maintenance, EHS, Quality, and Operations by engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues including ergonomic / safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks and quality concerns.
- Analyze and lead capital projects (<$100k)
- Provides effective communication and services in solving production problems or pursuing operations improvements.
- Participate in NTI / NPI / CPI improvement activities.
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units.
- Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc. in performing assigned duties.
- Fluent in English
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy or Material Science with 5+ years of experience
- Analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communications skills are essential.
Top Candidates will also have
- Previous experience in Heat Treat Engineering or Heat Treat Operations
- Previous experience with data analysis tools like Minitab and visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Strong manufacturing engineering experience and understanding of CI, SW, CPS & BIQ.
- Ability to understand both technology and business domains
The location for this position is East Peoria, IL.
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position.
This position will require less than 10% travel.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.